10-21-2016 02:23 AM
267 ... 91011
tools
    The M8 is a great phone, the best from HTC. And my Silver M8 looks great with its blue Dot View case!
    9/10 !!!
    HeroicLove likes this.
    10-24-2014 02:42 AM
    I'm late to the party but I just made the switch from the 5s.

Overall I love the phone. Without a case on it and sometimes with a case I notice that its hard to distinguish which end is the top or bottom. For instance: Pulling it out of my pocket I have fumbled with it a few times not knowing which end is the unlock button.

Obviously the knock-knock feature takes care of this issue, but my only complaint with this phone and the original M7 is the lack of a physical home button. I really would like to see HTC integrate that back into their phones.

This device is great if you consume a lot of music and or videos on the go. Screen size is perfect, the boom sound is amazing. I've noticed that the camera randomly loads for no reason when I'm using twitter. I'm sure its just some weird gesture pre-setting that I'm accidentally activating.

Overall great phone and I'm glad to be back in an Android device.

10-25-2014 10:31 AM
    I wanted the phone when I first saw reviews. Now that I've had it for two weeks I love it. Best thing about it are the forward speakers. The audio is amazing when watching movies or playing games. The screen is not overly large like other phones; I can still use it with one hand. My only big complaint is that it does tend to get hot when playing games for an extended amount of time.
    10-26-2014 10:24 PM
    I especially like its appearance, it's really awesome, i must say. HTC(M8) is the ONE that i've wanted for a long time, it's a beautiful and powerful smart phone, i'd like to recommend to others, hope you'll like it!
    10-27-2014 01:19 AM
    I just wish the battery will stay much longer, I use kakao often and gets to charge it for a day but if im not using the app I am all set for 2-3 days without charging. Its an amazing fone, I love the spec the elegance and the well finished design
    10-30-2014 03:25 AM
    it is too heavy to me and also looks like man design,but in other way it seems like that it can go throught allkind of crach

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 Hülle
    11-03-2014 02:14 AM
    Hi. So after deliberating for months in the run up to my contract renewal two phones made it in to my "final". The HTC One (M8) and the Sony Xperia Z3. I decided to plump for the HTC and it should be in my hands in the next hour or two (after two failed deliveries by DPD).

I liked the HTC the moment I saw it but seeing as two of my previous phones have been water damaged, the Sony was a very strong contender (as well as the ability to take photos in "wet" surroundings - eg snaps of my kids at the beach/pool for example). However, in the end I decided the HTC was for me ( I may persuade the wife to get the xperia when she upgrades so we can still get those pool shots).

I really like the look of the interface, Blinkfeed, and the Dot View Case. The camera looks adequate for my needs. But I got a kind of nagging feeling I went for Style (HTC) over Substance (Sony). What do you think?

btw - I have taken out insurance just in case I drop it down the toilet again!

Not going to be sad to say goodbye to my Nokia Lumia 625!
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-11-2014 07:22 AM
    Love the phone. But the included case is such a nasty cheap piece of **** that it makes me wonder why they even bothered to include it in the first place.
    11-13-2014 05:14 PM
    Best phone I haver ever bought! not a fanboy but wish i havnt waste so much money oh those iphone back in the days
    kct1975 likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:30 PM
    Can you please elaborate on how it's so better than the iPhones you've had?
    12-11-2014 03:04 PM
    How long battery works?
    12-25-2014 04:30 PM
    Bought this phone on september and i personally think its the most snappiest, absolutely fast, no lag, smooth as hell phone. Its even faster than my mom iPhone 5s. If you hoping for bigger res camera, 5" display, fitness thingy, water proof, this is not for you. But if you want fast, responsive, very nice looking lcd, damn *** good front facing speakers, good front camera, sexy design, sd card slot this is the phone for you.
    My first impression after coming from note 3 was like this phone is so damn fast, no freakin lag at all, small screen compare to note 3 but very sharp and balance color, the camera is fast, the pictures it took is decent, but not bad, low light is amazing, very hard to type at first because i came from bigger phone, speakers are wow, design is sexy but kinda slipery, but holding it feels so premium.
    01-02-2015 02:57 AM
    ... If you hoping for bigger res camera, 5" display, fitness thingy, water proof, this is not for you...
    The M8's display is a 5 inch display. Otherwise good points.
    01-02-2015 05:56 AM
    Had mine about 2 weeks now and I like it a lot, replacing an iPhone 5 which was an excellent phone too IMO. Some things I like about the M8:

- RF performance. Really impressive on my network (Three UK). I've been comparing the M8 with the iPhone 5 side by side in fringe areas, and the M8 is quite a bit more sensitive, often working where my old iPhone 5 reports no service. Even right at the limit before drop out the call remains usable and not too 'clangy'. For me that was worth the switch alone, since the Three network is notorious for poor indoors reception. It's enough to make all the difference between having a working phone and a paperweight at times... Also, the screen's notification icons are cool, since I can now tell when my phone is sending or receiving data, and the type of network access (3G/H/H+/4G/ Roaming, etc). I know that's on most if not all Androids but you don't get any of that on an iPhone and I think it's important on a top end phone, as is the notification LED - again absent on the iPhone. Basically the phone side of the M8 is excellent - call audio etc. Even better than the iPhone 5.

- Screen. Good quality and size. Slightly over-sensitive maybe. Colours not over-saturated like on the Samsungs.

- Speakers. USP of the M8. Work really well considering the size. Not too tinny to make music unlistenable, and good on speakerphone.

- Battery life. Seems quite reasonable. Been using it a lot since it's a new toy and getting easily a full day, but when the novelty wears off I expect I'll get about 3 days no problem if I lay off the internet side (That's what I got on the iPhone).

Not so good? Well I found Android to require some work and research to get running in an acceptable way - ie, with a LOT of stuff switched off or disabled, where at all possible. Basically there is too much bloat and unnecessary functions for my liking, more so than with iOS.. Just wasting battery life and slowing the phone down. I'd like a more minimalist experience but don't wanna go down the root avenue... So glad now I didn't but the Samsung S5 as I know I would have hated all that 'Touchwiz' nonsense! The M8 could be much better if some of that stuff could just be removed easily. IMO.

The camera? Adequate. Pictures are fine viewed on the screen, and that's good enough for my uses, but video exposure is often noticeably notchy I have found - the light levels clearly step up and down when panning, not smooth like the iPhone's video.

Overall then pleased I made the swap. It's a very powerful phone and I doubt I'd have been happier with its competitors.
    01-06-2015 12:25 PM
    Sitting at my desk trying to figure out how it's possible for something to have gotten underneath the glass of the duo camera.... 😠
    04-29-2015 11:00 AM
    Got an M8 from work. The hardware's ok, but they gave me a windows phone version that sucks big time. Came on here looking to find out what kind of case to get.
    05-20-2016 01:18 PM
    Got an M8 from work. The hardware's ok, but they gave me a windows phone version that sucks big time. Came on here looking to find out what kind of case to get.
    If you really have to use a case (it defeats the design of a smartphone, but that's my opinion) get the Spigen Crystal Clear. At least you will not hide it´s beauty.
    10-21-2016 02:23 AM
267 ... 91011