Power Saver missing on Verizon HTC One (M8)?

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I can't seem to find any hint of the power saver settings the reviews mention on my Verizon M8. Have you? Or did Verizon exclude it for some reason?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Power Saver missing on Verizon M8?

I read that about the Extreme Power Saving but, for whatever reason, my Verizon M8 doesn't even have the normal Power Saving setting. It's also missing the stock HTC web browser that I loved for it's ability to scale text on the fly. I do love the phone though!

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I've been looking for that, too and I can't find any information about it yet. I have the Verizon version and there is no Power Saver mode. I understand the "Extreme Power Saving" mode will be added later.

Last edited:

SD1_Mark1

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Have the Verizon 4G LTE version and there's no Power Saver mode, regular or "extreme" which is very disappointing. I at least wanted to have the "normal" power saving mode. It's probably Verizon's fault. They screw with everything they can possibly screw with and love removing stuff and adding in their own crapware.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

It's here on the ATT version, not that it'd ever use it. So, must be a Verizon thing. Link above goes to a dead page, btw.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Juice Defender is always a good alternative.

Although the power saving mode is strictly for the HTC One and probably won't mess with the internals as much as the app does.

Can't wait to get it though...

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Didn't Verizon remove it on the M7 and say it was enabled all the time or something on it. I'm not holding my breath that it will be added this time and likely it will be the same story. Otherwise, why remove it in the first place?

Jon Olaivar

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Install nova launcher, but when prompted, select "HTC BlinkFeed as the default launcher, then from the widget bar, select shortcuts, select "activities" scroll down to power and select "Powersaver.activity" (or something like that). Disable nova launcher, there you go!

It works AMAZING, lasts longer than my note 3 on power saving mode.

There is an option for extreme power saving, but it doesn't do anything.

Sent from Verizon HTC M8

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it only works with HTC's launcher. I get permission denied with Google Now or Nova launcher. Anybody know how to get around that without root? That would be nice.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I decided to give it a try with the Blink Feed Launcher. I'm going to see if it makes a difference compared to not having the power saver in use when I was using the Google Now launcher.

Hmmm...I wonder if anybody did a battery test comparison with the AT&T version which had the power saver mode versus the Verizon version which didn't.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Install nova launcher, but when prompted, select "HTC BlinkFeed as the default launcher, then from the widget bar, select shortcuts, select "activities" scroll down to power and select "Powersaver.activity" (or something like that). Disable nova launcher, there you go!

It works AMAZING, lasts longer than my note 3 on power saving mode.

There is an option for extreme power saving, but it doesn't do anything.

Sent from Verizon HTC M8

NICE FIND!!!!!

You can add a widget for Power Saver as well as Extreme Power Saver. Also after you create those widgets you can uninstall Nova Launcher. The widgets will remain.

EDIT: I turned it on just to see if I noticed anything different as the link above suggested but nothing has changed. I don't see one screen with the five icons, nothing has changed.

Also, as I mentioned above, I was under the impression there were two power saving modes, Power Saver and Extreme Power Saver. Am I mistaken on this? Just need some explanation from people that actually have this on their phone stock and not a work around like Nova Launcher. thx

Last edited:

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After having it "on" for almost 8 hours, I'm not seeing any difference. The options are there to use it, but it may not actually do anything.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Also, as I mentioned above, I was under the impression there were two power saving modes, Power Saver and Extreme Power Saver. Am I mistaken on this? Just need some explanation from people that actually have this on their phone stock and not a work around like Nova Launcher. thx

There are or will be 2 power saving modes - the "regular" and Extreme. Seems like everybody got the regular except for Verizon phones. The Extreme is supposed to coming later in an update from HTC (I think Europe and Asia already have it).

Jon Olaivar

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Only the regular power saver works, and only with the stock "BlinkFeed" launcher... Sucks that it doesent work with Google Now... If I try to turn on extreme power saver... Nothing changes at all... The icon might make the screen flash once but nothing else...I don't think the launcher itself is installed.

Jon Olaivar

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
A good way to check is to install system monitor and see if the CPU is governed to 1.2 GHz.

I hope Verizon does indeed add extreme power saver once it is available... But if we didn't get the regular power saver I seriously doubt we will get extreme power saver.

Last edited:

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If you're s-off it can be yours... Hehe

e2ymygev.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12