Power Saver missing on Verizon HTC One (M8)?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
And they are overpriced, but their coverage is outstanding.

Yeah, you pay out the rear end for them but they at the very least deliver when it comes to service coverage.

Annoyed that EPS hasn't been added yet. Would be really nice to have this feature.

Sent from my HTC One (m8) using Tapatalk

Shadow-CNY

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you pay out the rear end for them but they at the very least deliver when it comes to service coverage.

After too many years of being underwater in a submarine with Sprint at the "discounted rates" -- I totally agree.

Sent from my HTC One (m8) using Tapatalk

Jon Olaivar

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Just a question...

WHY WOULD VERIZON DO THIS TO US?!?!

why would you not include power saving mode!?!?

I want to go grill a Verizon executive for it ...-.-

If I pay for a HTC m8 , chances are I want the features of a HTC m8.

Jon Olaivar

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
The odd thing is... When I open the shortcut, if I press back at the top left it takes me to the battery screen, but there is no way to get back to the power saver screen from there, is there a way to install the factory international settings apk. Without root?

ninohayzues

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Just a question...

Your FM tuner feature, Deleted! thanks Obama I mean Verizon!

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a question...

*tinfoil hat on

Maybe the same reason the LG G3 won't ship with wireless charging out of the box in the US and SK. To sell more accessories by getting people to buy external batteries from Verizon stores, but if that was the case they probably would have gotten rid of it for the S5.

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

You can get the FM tuner back, it's called NextRadio. If you don't see it in the store there is a app floating around you can install. There is a thread on this site. That is where I found it.

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Getting back to the power saver feature. That workaround with Nova Launcher is working. I kept Nova installed, but I use Google Now launcher. The only way I know it's working is by how my battery is performing (better) and I checked it with Quadrant. It looks like it locks the frequency at 1190 MHz.

My question is, is that always locked or does it allow it to adjust higher, such as if you are playing a game and it needs the quicker processing?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Actually, FM tuner works fine. Download Aptoide which is and alternative app store and search on it for NextRadio. The functionality is in the phone, just not the app to use it. You will need headphones attached to use it if course.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Getting back to the power saver feature. That workaround with Nova Launcher is working. I kept Nova installed, but I use Google Now launcher. The only way I know it's working is by how my battery is performing (better) and I checked it with Quadrant. It looks like it locks the frequency at 1190 MHz.
My question is, is that always locked or does it allow it to adjust higher, such as if you are playing a game and it needs the quicker processing?
Are you talking about the basic power saving, or extreme power saving? If you're not seeing the screen appear as the black screen seen here:
Extreme Power Saving mode missing on your new HTC One? Here's why ... | Android Central
and its not limiting app selection to those six items, and the icons in the top tray aren't only the ones shown in that picture on the right side of that page then it isn't really in extreme power saving mode.

Just a question...
According to people who called and questioned Verizon (and then later reported on the Verizon community forum) Verizon is telling people that due to an apparent glitch between the Extreme Power Saving setting and the Verizon Network they will not be providing the "feature". Like a lot of other people I find that excuse hard to believe. If Verizon's other high speed competitor (AT&T) can enable it on their network and not have connection issues, and they can enable Samgsung's S5 power saving state (that is extremely similar to HTC's Extreme Power Saving) then why are they having problems getting HTC's Extreme Power State working...its very hard to believe that excuse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12