Verizon HTC One (M8): BOGO + 30% off (1) for $140 ,or (2) for $70 each

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why is Verizon having a buy-one-get-one-free promotion on brand new HTC One M8?

Doesn't do much to help HTC, what it does is help Verizon get another person signed onto a two-year contract. THAT is where the money is at.
And it puts another HTC smartphone into the hands of consumers. Your right, the money is with the contract Verizon is signing with the contract. But it's also a win for HTC if they can get more devices into consumer hands.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is Verizon having a buy-one-get-one-free promotion on brand new HTC One M8?

And it puts another HTC smartphone into the hands of consumers. Your right, the money is with the contract Verizon is signing with the contract. But it's also a win for HTC if they can get more devices into consumer hands.

Is it safe to assume that the free one can be activated and then taken off the line? (by putting a dumbphone on the line to avoid data fee)

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon HTC One (M8) 30% off, stacks with bogo. (1) for $140 ,or (2) for $70 each

Yeah just worked for me two phones on the way with 30% off the $199.99

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

It has been done before. I got me and my wife a BlackBerry Storm 2 the day it came out with BOGO. Wow that was a long time ago.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Is it safe to assume that the free one can be activated and then taken off the line? (by putting a dumbphone on the line to avoid data fee)
You can contact Verizon with that question and see what they say. I'd imagine that they will try to keep you from doing that since the phone is subsidized (free). If they do allow it the contract and terms you agreed to will still be in affect.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why is Verizon having a buy-one-get-one-free promotion on brand new HTC One (M8)?

At&t is giving $100 bill credit to new activations after 45 days. I'm sure vzw has fine print for the bogo offer that keeps you from deactivating for a certain amount of time. But paying the $375 etf plus however many months on service is cheaper than $699 plus tax lol

anuraj1

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon HTC One (M8) 30% off, stacks with bogo. (1) for $140 ,or (2) for $70 each

Just worked for me as well, but I am trying to decide if I can give up my Nexus 5... I love the phone but the T-Mo service is just too spotty in the Phoenix area.

Seangar

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

haha so I ordered my phones on Monday and just noticed this coupon. I called up there to see if i could still get it, took forever for the guy to find the coupon...but it was well worth the wait. He gave me $120 haha, so basically I got 2 HTC one's for $80. He definitely messed up, but I'm not complaining

skoenig

Mobile Nations Staff
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Verizon HTC One (M8) Buy One get One Free

Not sure how long the promo lasts but came across this on Verizon's site.

Verizon HTC One (M8) Buy One Get One Free

Might be for new accounts only though upgrades sometimes qualify especially if you talk to their customer retention department. Can also choose the original HTC One or the S4 if you want.

update 1: I realise this was posted previously but I think the link didn't work out for many people. Original here.

update 2: Might be able to stack code "RMN30" for an additional 30% off (YMMV) thanks dpham00

~Steph

Last edited:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if this works in-store? I only ask because I prefer to sign up in-store. There's so many things I don't know about phone contracts and such that I like to do it in-store so I can talk to them and be clear about the terms, etc.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone know if this works in-store? I only ask because I prefer to sign up in-store. There's so many things I don't know about phone contracts and such that I like to do it in-store so I can talk to them and be clear about the terms, etc.

Buy online for in store pickup

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm it works if you buy online and then pick-up in store. Although I did have some trouble with them trying to charge me the full $199.99 when I actually went into the store. For whatever reason I guess they don't charge your card until you get to the store. Just make sure they give you the discount when you do indeed pick it up!

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: M8. Buy one get one free at verizon

Good deal if you want this phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk.

This is the deal I took. It was an absolute steal in my mind.

For a phone as advanced and beautiful as this, yeah, $200 is a good price. But buy one get one free?! Heck yes I will take that deal!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Are sales bad for the Galaxy S5 as well? Verizon is doing a BOGO for them too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I picked up my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for $90 on release day (70% off) too.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs