Verizon HTC One (M8): Tap & Pay WORKS

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick note for anyone wondering: Google Wallet's Tap & Pay feature works out of the box with the Verizon HTC One!

You can just grab the regular Wallet app from the Play Store and setup Tap & Pay just like you would on any other device. The phone will also prompt you to change your default Tap & Pay provider to Wallet from ISIS.

Screenshot:
TS27tGr.jpg

I haven't gotten to test it yet, but I'd have to imagine it would work as normal. Thank goodness for HCE! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LaGgY_42o

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It does not work, when you go to pay it will decline it as the app version from the play store is r155 and only the new version r160-v2 works on the M8. I have spoken with the rep's on the phone and they claim they are rolling out the r160-v2 area by area but I have not gotten it yet. I have over $80 on my wallet and cannot spend it...

Does anyone have the new r160-v2 .apk they can upload please? Even if you don't use wallet could u download it and see what version the play store is sending you? If u are lucky enough to get the r160-v2 release please upload it!

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have r155 v15 and it works fine, at least at McDonald's. The first time I tried it, there was some kind if authentication error, but after a eboot it has worked for me.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781