HTC One (M8) root

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Now that they phone is out, lets see how long it takes for root access!! I need it mostly for Wifi Tether to go with my unlimited Verizon Data plan... Seems as if Foxfi and others dont work anymore with kit kat:'(

Last edited by a moderator:

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Htc one m8 root

XDA has a procedure.. except for the Verizon version because, as always, they have locked the MID for HTCDev.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Htc one m8 root

Yah I saw that, and ofcourse im on crappy Verizon!

Yeah, after last year's "slip up" of the Verizon M7 on HTCDev, they were probably a tad more careful this time to ensure it wasn't there =[

I would expect at least root for the Verizon M8, if not a full S-OFF/Bootloader unlock. And really, root is all I personally need so I'll be good with that.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Does this work for Verizon m8s? Any reports of success? I'm OK with Sense but I hate the Verizon bloat.

that will not work on verizon as there's no way to currently install a custom recovery as the bootloader is still locked.

it will work with all variants that can currently be unlocked at htcdev

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Use this method.. and yes, it works.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2699089
[Root] WeakSauce APK

For Verizon M8!

e4evusa6.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jzarle

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So with this root method that's out, will wifi tether work with the m8 or not on verizon? I can't seem to find a straight answer. Really hope it's yes.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Will this let me permanently delete the Verizon bloatware? Also will this let me change the default lockscreen widget?

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Root and custom ROM available from Android Revolution HD. Of course what others have said about carrier restrictions applies.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone rooted their AT&T M8? If so, how and running into any issues?

Posted via Android Central App

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
What's the point of rooting the new HTC m8 what does it benefit what does it do I never rooted the phone I just jailbroken iPhone please tell me

Posted via Android Central App