04-27-2014 12:41 PM
34 12
tools
    Chrome is better than stock browser imo. The fact that I can sync with my chrome on my computer is awesome.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    03-28-2014 12:56 AM
    Chrome is better than stock browser imo. The fact that I can sync with my chrome on my computer is awesome.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    This is one of the great things about using the Chrome browser on Android. Syncing everything like that is awesome.
    03-28-2014 06:31 AM
    This is why I started getting used to Chrome (mobile), Hangouts and so on for stock apps. In case companies switch over to them! Not to say other apps are not the same but I like the true stock feel.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
    03-28-2014 08:07 AM
    This is why I started getting used to Chrome (mobile), Hangouts and so on for stock apps. In case companies switch over to them! Not to say other apps are not the same but I like the true stock feel.
    So if I used Hangouts for my default messaging app (SMS and MMS), does that mean when I switch phones, which I do frequently, I just need to install Hangouts on it and all my messages are there?
    03-28-2014 11:50 AM
    I went to the Vzw store the day M8 came out and discovered it had no HTC browser and NO text reflow in chrome.
    I left Vzw 9 months ago due to the games they play with phone makers. Went to AT&T to get my M7 with FM radio included and never looked back.
    The first thing I noticed was that my phone battery lasts at least 50% longer on gsm. CDMA is a juice sucker.
    I will get the ATT version since it is not crippled - only went to Vzw to see the M8 initially.
    Chrome would be cool if you actually use Chrome on your desktop - I don't.
    Vzw Chrome did have a way to turn on flash and in the store M8 was BoGo for the first week.
    For what it's worth, Dolphin browser does not work on my M7 - tried it just to see.
    Most web addresses simply fail and won't load. I did find that Dolphin Zero browser worked - again, tried it just to see.
    I will keep using my HTC browser.
    03-28-2014 07:23 PM
    I want the stock HTC browser back! Or else, give the Chrome browser text reflow.
    03-30-2014 08:12 AM
    I want the stock HTC browser back! Or else, give the Chrome browser text reflow.
    That would be a nice gesture added to Chrome. However, I would much rather have the "read" feature that comes with the iPhone's Safari browser.
    petvas72 likes this.
    03-30-2014 08:24 AM
    Chrome is the best browser for android period . Just have to learn the functions on it i.e. hold down on something to download etc.. Btw it is the best optimized for android in my opinion.
    03-30-2014 03:31 PM
    Hey guys,

Check out a browser called UC Browser HD. It is the most fully functional browser I have found on android. IMO its a thousand times better than chrome. It claims to have flash support (have not tried to verify) and has all of the features you are looking for, incuding some new ones like the ios7 swipe left and right to move forward and backward while browsing (coming from ios7 this was huge). It works flawlessly on the HTC M8.

My only gripe about it, is that it uses its own native video player for any video content - Rather than launching the HTC video player or the youtube app on youtube links.
    04-27-2014 12:41 PM
34 12