HTC One (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

trojanman

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE (M8): FM Tuner availablity!

The Sprint version uses the NextRadio app (NextRadio). The first HTC One used the preloaded HTC FM Tuner as shown in the picture a few posts above, I used it regularly during my morning commute...I love this NextRadio app tho! Still uses the headphones as an antenna, but this app tells you the song, past songs played, groups stations by genre, and tells you all radio stations that are available depending on your current location.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Do you have an apk for the app by any chance? I'd like to side load it on my Verizon model and see if anything comes of it.

Marla Bond

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I am using the HTC One M8 by Verizon. FM Radio was not installed.
On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
So, I sneakily found the APK on internet.
From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
I am listening to the FM radio as I type this.
Attached copy of the file.
regards from Marla

Attachments

• com.nextradioapp.nextradio.apk
    5.6 MB · Views: 544
Last edited:

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

On another site I discovered that other carriers use the NextRadio app. At first, the NextRadio app wouldn't Install because it is not allowed on my Verizon phone.
From the website I downloaded the file to my Verizon HTC M8. Using a file manager, I located the file on phone, tapped it, and it installed with no problem
regards from Marla

Could you post a link?

Posted via Android Central App

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hm... So I was able to download the apk on my phone but it won't let me install it! Do I need to be rooted or something?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You can download Aptoide Market and search for it there. That will keep it updated and install the latest version.

If the apk didn't install it's probably just because you need to enable installation from unknown sources. Just check the box in Settings/Security.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You can download Aptoide Market and search for it there. That will keep it updated and install the latest version.

If the apk didn't install it's probably just because you need to enable installation from unknown sources. Just check the box in Settings/Security.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

I don't know anything about Aptoide... Have you used it extensively, and is it safe?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I know that, I'm saying that Verizon wants you to use data to listen to music so they took out the fm radio app.

I would not be surprised. It's past practice that Verizon cripples features on their devices so they can monetize from it. Verizon is a terrible provider.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

NINFanInTN

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

regards from Marla

Works great. Make sure you have the "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources" checked in the security page of Settings.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

will this download on a Verizon m8? I cant get the link to work on mobile chrome browser, or pc.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

will this download on a Verizon m8? I cant get the link to work on mobile chrome browser, or pc.

Worked on my Verizon phone. Just do what ^NINF said first, then click on the linked apk.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using AC Foums mobile app

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Xda development. Site. I just downloaded it on my Verizon m8. Works perfectly. Link in the other thread

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Edit : the fm radio app crashes on my Verizon m8,,, after using for a few minutes. Phone reboots. Did it 3 times in a row.
Same thing happened on my old evo lte using the fm app.

Guess I'll use tune in pro.

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm, played both FM Radio and NextRadio for over an hour each without any problems.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers