Day Two with the All New HTC One (M8)

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So far, I love this thing. It is a great improvement over the M7. To compare the best way, the M8, fixes a lot of the issues from the M7.

Camera issues, gone. Also, you can use the camera easily. In landscape mode, I was able to assign the volume up and down keys as the zoom function, and tap to capture. It feels like I'm actually using a camera. Front facing camera is AMAZING. Of course if you didn't know, it's 5MP, and very clear. I will tell you the quality of the photos are better.

Battery, lasts awhile and charges fast.
The swipe features from the sleep mode adds a HUGE convenience.

You WILL get your lock screen wallpaper ability back, and can remove that lock screen widget option.

You get an extra home screen, with ability still to turn off Blinkered, of course.

The sound is NOTICEABLY better.
The phone is bigger, but honestly, doesn't feel bigger in the hand, as you might think (which is good).

You can change font style, which looks great.

The auto answer feature, when in sleep mode, is actually extremely quick. As soon as the phone was an inch to my ear, I said hello a bit early, but my friend still heard it clearly, and actually surprised her a bit.

I love when the phone times out, and I just swiped up, and as quickly as it turned off, I was back on the phone where I left off, without a glitch in any app so far.

The AnTuTu benchmark test, ranks this phone as top dog. Camera modes are fantastic, and feels great.

You can now clear all running apps with one click.

The phone mixes colors on the phone display very nicely, and it's a smooth phone.

Much much more to talk about, and the phones feels excellent. Very smooth, shiny, not too heavy. Great interface, and great improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Also on day two.

Have they removed the ability to have the task button act as the menu option or have they buried that option?

Agree with your camera statements.

Have noticed a tinny sound when speaking on bluetooth via my car's system. My One Max and former Droid Maxx sounded much better via bluetooth.

Battery life is surprisingly good.

So far a nice upgrade.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely more slippery than the m7. I would say that's because of the curve of the back of the phone rather than the finish, but I definitely think it's more so than the original One. I have already dropped mine once, but it didn't do any damage

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It is definitely more slippery than the m7. I would say that's because of the curve of the back of the phone rather than the finish, but I definitely think it's more so than the original One. I have already dropped mine once, but it didn't do any damage

Which color of the phone do you have?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am pleasantly surprised with how well this device is put together. The build and the software. I had all of last year's flagships but decided this year I wasn't going to do that. So it was between this and the S5. After the announcement it was confirmed for me that this would be the one I'd buy. I was a little worried about the size but not a problem for me. Battery life has been great so far and camera better than the M7 right now. My last android was the nexus 5 so this camera is a slight upgrade lol. But everything is working well. Sense 6 is smooth. No stuttering or hiccups as of yet. Well put together device. I don't know if it's the best but it's pretty darn close.

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I will admit, the camera is better than I thought. I can't stay off my phone. I remembered the M7, at launch, but not this good. The 3D effect, cut and paste, stickers. I'm here at work, for a tech company, and I get a lot of huddled around me all morning so far. I love it. And the Panorama is EASY to use, and very nice.

The phone can be slippery I guess, and I have not dropped it once. It is curvy, solid, shiney. Speaking of shiny, I love that chrome inlay on the camera back. It sparkles.

I'll have to get on my iPad to post pictures, but I'd love to show everyone soon.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I will admit, the camera is better than I thought. I can't stay off my phone. I remembered the M7, at launch, but not this good. The 3D effect, cut and paste, stickers. I'm here at work, for a tech company, and I get a lot of huddled around me all morning so far. I love it. And the Panorama is EASY to use, and very nice.

The phone can be slippery I guess, and I have not dropped it once. It is curvy, solid, shiney. Speaking of shiny, I love that chrome inlay on the camera back. It sparkles.

I'll have to get on my iPad to post pictures, but I'd love to show everyone soon.

iPad and an a new Android flagship. Best of all worlds :)

Pinkman.

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have two m8's that vary in quality.... One has a yellow warmer tinted screen one has a more blue cooler screen. Also, one has a stiff volume rocker and the other a loose one that jiggles.... Other than that the phone is great and my gf doesn't seem to care that her's has a warmer tinted screen....

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just search the M7 threads and you'll see for yourself.

If you're not interested in responding in a helpful way, then it's best to refrain from posting. I suggest taking the time to review the forum rules, a portion of which is quoted below:

"Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond."

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you're not interested in responding in a helpful way, then it's best to refrain from posting. I suggest taking the time to review the forum rules, a portion of which is quoted below:

"Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond."

Sent from my Galaxy S4

No disrespect was intended.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
To each their own, I am very particular with my electronics and if I am spending money on a new phone I am expecting it to arrive in my hands without any physical or performance issues.

In my personal opinion, a tinted or off color screen is unacceptable. The screen is one of the most important aspects of our phones, if not the most important. Credit to her for being alright with the apparent screen issue, it would drive me nuts lol.

I have two m8's that vary in quality.... One has a yellow warmer tinted screen one has a more blue cooler screen. Also, one has a stiff volume rocker and the other a loose one that jiggles.... Other than that the phone is great and my gf doesn't seem to care that her's has a warmer tinted screen....

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
To each their own, I am very particular with my electronics and if I am spending money on a new phone I am expecting it to arrive in my hands without any physical or performance issues.

In my personal opinion, a tinted or off color screen is unacceptable. The screen is one of the most important aspects of our phones, if not the most important. Credit to her for being alright with the apparent screen issue, it would drive me nuts lol.

Same here, lol! I mean its the main thing you seen every time you use your phone.....c'mon!! :cool: This applies to any companies device.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I hate when this sort of crap happens. I feel like it always happens with HTC but sure it happens to other manufacturers as well. I remember in the past people would point our that they used a couple different suppliers for screens . But I remember last year with the M7 I noticed differences in two phones next to each other.