04-10-2014 01:03 AM
85 1234
tools
    I can't comment on if it's improved over the m7 but I never had any problems with it, or the m8. So far the misconception that metal phones won't get good reception is disproved with the HTC One's

Posted via Android Central App
    I've always liked the cell reception my m7 gets over what my Samsungs would get. Samsungs have awful radios.

cizzlen likes this.
    04-04-2014 08:20 AM
    I've always liked the cell reception my m7 gets over what my Samsungs would get. Samsungs have awful radios.

They work for me .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    04-04-2014 10:53 AM
    Battery life on this phone is crazy! I take it off the charger at 6 am, and by the time I get home at 6 pm I still have about 70 to 75 percent left. I would say I'm a moderate user. No heavy gaming or video watching during the day, just web browsing, checking email and snapping a few photos. Can't wait until we get the power saving mode update.

cizzlen likes this.
    04-04-2014 11:36 AM
    Just over 4.5 hours screen time I got 1 day/16 hours on one charge..crazy. That impresses me because my Rezound lasted about 8 hours with the same use and an extended battery. My M7 would last me about 18-20 hours.

This 801 chip is simply genius with battery consumption.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    cizzlen likes this.
    04-04-2014 09:47 PM

Under heavy use. Moderate I get like 14-16.
    cizzlen likes this.
    04-05-2014 05:11 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/y7yrugam.jpg

Under heavy use. Moderate I get like 14-16.
    That's pretty close to what I'm getting, except less phone time and more screen & app time. I was 81% in 12h, 42m. I was thinking that I maybe had a bad battery, but I guess I'm just using it more than I thought. We turned off some of the Google location settings, my son said that's been a problem and should help the battery life. We'll see over the next few days.
    04-05-2014 09:43 AM
    Swapped out my HTC Rezound for the HTC One M8 on 2 Apr (contract end date) and took advantage of the BOGO offer. Fully charged my new HTC One M8 the night of the 2nd and removed it from the charger at 7:00 a.m. on the 3rd. As of the writing of this post, this first charge has kept it going. With 8% battery remaining, I literally JUST plugged it back in before typing this post. I'm calculating roughly 52.5 hours on the first full charge. I consider myself to be a moderate user (daily email, FB, Twitter, WWF, some YouTube, Web Browsing, Music Playing) and also have been flipping screen on and off A LOT to get a good feel of Kit Kat and Sense 6. This phone ROCKS! This is much better battery life than my Rezound had with the Extended Battery in it. Very happy with my new HTC One M8!!!
    ugxvibe and cizzlen like this.
    04-05-2014 11:43 AM
    2.1%/hr.

After using an M7 with a custom ROM and Sense 6 for a few weeks the good battery life I'm getting on the M8 is no surprise. What is surprising is that with this bigger CPU and slightly bigger battery I'm getting better battery life.

Imo, the complaints about a 2,600mAh are unwarranted. How is your battery life?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/27/4apuqazu.jpg

I'm at 47% on 17 hours. On full lte no wifi. Pretty darn good

Sent from my HTC One M8
    ugxvibe likes this.
    04-05-2014 09:07 PM
    HTC One (M8): Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1396758072271.jpg
    Love the M8. Better battery life then my G2 . Still need to test it more.

04-05-2014 11:22 PM
    Love the M8. Better battery life then my G2 . Still need to test it more.

Not very much screen on time, your battery life will drastically change if you use it more. Not trying to discredit it as I have really good battery life, but it definitely doesn't last that long for me. I've got 31% left with about 13.5 hrs and a whole lot more screen on time

04-05-2014 11:30 PM
    Not very much screen on time, your battery life will drastically change if you use it more. Not trying to discredit it as I have really good battery life, but it definitely doesn't last that long for me. I've got 31% left with about 13.5 hrs and a whole lot more screen on time

How do you show screen time?

04-05-2014 11:31 PM
    How do you show screen time?

You can't with the stock battery manager. You'll have to download an app. I use gsam battery monitor

04-05-2014 11:33 PM
    Ok thanks.

04-05-2014 11:33 PM
    I get about 7hrs screen on time on average, which is very good imo

HTC One (M8): Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1396758850813.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    04-05-2014 11:34 PM
    I notice no difference between my M8 battery usage and that of the EVO4GLTE it replaced. Both have me at about 30% at the end of the day. I was hoping for more.
    04-06-2014 06:35 PM
    I've never gotten less than a day out of it. In fact, the very first day I got it when I was spending all this time setting it up, going through all the settings, checking the camera, etc. I believe I got something like 30 hours, and it wasn't even fully charged. I've been trying to cycle the battery going from full to <20% before charging, and I'll have class the next day so I'll want to run it down so I can charge it beforehand, but I seriously can't kill this battery haha. I'll be texting for an hour, only lose 2 or 3%. Stream music for an hour, only lose 3 or 4. It just won't die. I'll end up going to class with 30% left, and come home with 24%. It's just ridiculous. It would actually be better to compare the battery life to my Nexus 7 instead of my old phone. My Spectrum 2 would be plugged in most of the time I'm not using it. My One, like my N7, I charge every other day. I don't really feel like doing it because I like using this phone way too much, but I could get a day and a half out of my old Thunderbolt with the standard battery. I could probably get my One to last almost a full week if I wanted.
    ugxvibe likes this.
    04-06-2014 07:52 PM
    I find the M8 to have steller battery life, I'm more than impressed with it. My nexus 5 is way poor in comparison.

Posted via my HTC One_M8 using the Android Central App
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    04-06-2014 09:57 PM
    Battery life has been so so for me on sprint. I havn't used it much in the past two hours and i'm already down to 75%. Brightness is on auto. I upgraded to the latest update from today. Could it be that the android system process is close to 50%?

I did change to roaming to "home only" as it was set to auto....

I did have all my settings from my evo lte back up transfered over. Could that be the problem,?
    04-08-2014 12:15 PM
    I get about 7hrs screen on time on average, which is very good imo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396758850813.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	111091

I only see 1 hour of screen time right there.. Not 7 :what:. 7 would be really high.

04-08-2014 01:59 PM
    I only see 1 hour of screen time right there.. Not 7 :what:. 7 would be really high.

Look at average screen on time on the bottom. The 1 hour is screen on time since last being unplugged

I agree though, 7 is really high which is why the battery life is really good imo

04-08-2014 02:00 PM
    Look at average screen on time on the bottom. The 1 hour is screen on time since last being unplugged

I agree though, 7 is really high which is why the battery life is really good imo

I would have to see your screenshot of 7 hour battery time to see the M8 getting that without charging sometime in between. The only reason is because in your screenshot your phone radio was only on for 6 hours and 41 minutes. So in under 7 hours (with 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time) you are already at 47 % battery. So the phone being on for 7 hours and the screen as well for those 7 hours without ever being plugged in doesn't really add up ....
    04-08-2014 03:18 PM
    I had very good battery life for like the first week and a half of having this phone. Now randomly I am losing like 6 percent an hour standby. And in use, it is draining much faster than before. And this was completely random. Honestly really frustrating because for a while the battery life was so good. I do not want to have to factory reset or anything but it looks like a I might have to as I can notice a significant difference.
    04-08-2014 03:31 PM
    I would have to see your screenshot of 7 hour battery time to see the M8 getting that without charging sometime in between. The only reason is because in your screenshot your phone radio was only on for 6 hours and 41 minutes. So in under 7 hours (with 1 hour and 18 minutes of screen time) you are already at 47 % battery. So the phone being on for 7 hours and the screen as well for those 7 hours without ever being plugged in doesn't really add up ....
    If you look at the top section where it lists everything and gives you the time all those were used, it says at the bottom right corner in small print since last unplugged. That's the reference point at which it starts to measure and record.

I'm referring to the bottom section where it says averages per complete charge. According to that, I get 7hr max screen on time with about 13hr battery life.

04-08-2014 03:43 PM
    If you look at the top section where it lists everything and gives you the time all those were used, it says at the bottom right corner in small print since last unplugged. That's the reference point at which it starts to measure and record.

I'm referring to the bottom section where it says averages per complete charge. According to that, I get 7hr max screen on time with about 13hr battery life.

Again the bottom could be 7 hours of screen on time and you easily could have charged it some during that as most stats don't reset until 90 percent or higher on most phones.

If it's easy to do 7 hours why not get a screenshot of actual recorded usage? I am just hard pressed to see 7 hours average screen time on a battery smaller than my Note 3 when that is not a common screen time for most phones in the market without some sort of charge in the middle or something.

04-08-2014 04:20 PM
    I cant figure out whats wrong with my settings but take a look at this and tell me what you think. My screen brightness is set half way and auto brightness is checked. Im barely using this thing. My carrier is Verizon. under app usage kernel is 25%, android system is 1.3% and everything else under 1%
    under screen it says discharge while on is 3% and while off is 45%
    Im barely using this and it is not making me happy.
    Correct me if im wrong but it says I used the phone for 28:10 and used 27% of batt.. I unplugged at about 8 am and by about 5:00 its alerting me at 14% I love the phone but something is out of whack. Completely turned off wifi today to see if it helped, but no it didnt..
    I switched from sprint with the M7 because of terrible reception but loved the phone...
    Anyone have any ideas?

HTC One (M8): Battery Life-screenshot_2014-04-08-18-26-07.jpg
    04-08-2014 11:30 PM
85 1234