HTC One (M8): Battery Life

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
2.1%/hr.

After using an M7 with a custom ROM and Sense 6 for a few weeks the good battery life I'm getting on the M8 is no surprise. What is surprising is that with this bigger CPU and slightly bigger battery I'm getting better battery life.

Imo, the complaints about a 2,600mAh are unwarranted. How is your battery life?

4apuqazu.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery size is just one factor when talking about battery life. The chipset has a lot top do with it as does the screen. Kit Kat and the snapdragon 801 are probably gonna be the biggest contributers to better battery life. They use less power as compared to older chipsets and operating systems

That being said, I can already tell it has much better battery life. I would also agree that the 40% claim by HTC is probably right on the money

Posted via Android Central App

jrb363

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery Life

I'm not trying to argue, but I can easily get a full day's worth on my M7. Were other people having problems with the battery life on the original One? Or is it just better overall which is of course a good thing?

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

There were a lot of negative posts about this phone based on the size of the battery all over the internet. People complained that 2,600 wasn't enough, it needs at least 3,200, etc... Just want to let people know that battery size in this phone should not deter you from getting it if it's on your list of 'Cons'. ;)

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm not trying to argue, but I can easily get a full day's worth on my M7. Were other people having problems with the battery life on the original One? Or is it just better overall which is of course a good thing?
I do too.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Standby time is excellent. I don't have any official stats but I can leave it sit for hours and it will drop 1 or 2%. Very impressed so far

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm actually really disappointed in the battery on my Verizon M8. It doesn't seem, at least in the first couple of days, to be much better than my M7 was getting. I've disabled bloat ware apps and I'm watching wifi/Bluetooth use, but I'm dropping more than 10% an hour with nothing more than texting, refreshing Facebook and Falcon Pro. Screen set to auto.

Right now GSAM says I've dropped 12% in the last 51 minutes with 30 minutes screen on time.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm actually really disappointed in the battery on my Verizon M8. It doesn't seem, at least in the first couple of days, to be much better than my M7 was getting. I've disabled bloat ware apps and I'm watching wifi/Bluetooth use, but I'm dropping more than 10% an hour with nothing more than texting, refreshing Facebook and Falcon Pro. Screen set to auto.

Right now GSAM says I've dropped 12% in the last 51 minutes with 30 minutes screen on time.

12% for 30 minutes of screen time? 4 hours of screen time...not bad, but I'd give it a week to see how it is. I remember my One's battery performing horribly when I first got it, but it got better. Just make sure to check the wakelocks and to see how much the android OS is taking up of the battery.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon versions of phones are most definitely different than other carrier branded devices. I'm constantly playing with mine and it is by far better than my Att m7 in terms of battery life

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Of course they said 3000 was minimum, and that is true. HOWEVER, that is needed for underperformed processors. It's a matter of time. As technology improves, we transform the way things are done. More efficiency translates to less work. Battery needs, produced heat, etc will all get better with the M8.

You should make sure your location services are on battery saver. Email is set to sync less. You know, most emails are set to check new mail every 15 min. That's 96 times a day! Check it out adjust the settings, and let things settle.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am currently at 8 hours and 8 minutes with moderate usage and have 68% of my battery left. The battery life is very good.

I just switched from a Droid DNA, and I can tell you that I am usually at about 35% at this time of the day.

I am absolutely impressed.

kioko91

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Turn off auto brightness. I went 14 hours last night before plugging in and was only at 49% with moderate usage. I'm typically a heavy user and swapped from a note. Battery is performing better than my note 3s did.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma