Camera: HTC One (M8) vs HTC Thunderbolt

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC Thunderbolt Camera vs "The One"

So you are bashing the m8 camera, even though you have never even touched the device? Haters gonna hate...

Posted via Android Central App
My brother in law picked one up. To be clear I HATE the camera, yes, but I LOVE the phone. Just that the camera is really important to me. I can deal with the Samsung plastic and sub par speakers...if it means the camera is in line with a modern smart phone.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
After seeing these results from the M8, I'm not sure if the Thunderbolt can do this... Especially with the old camera software it's using. These look darn good to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phonewisdom/sets/72157642913906483/

Edit: I challenge anyone to post shots from the Thunderbolt that are on par with these. Please don't just say moar pixels = better quality, there are other aspects of a composition to be taken into account.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

It has been established that you are not happy with the camera. To say that it is a bad camera is not true, you just don't like it and that's ok, you are entitled to your own opinion.

End of discussion

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Read the article...it's combo of a better/faster processor, software and the addition of the 2nd rear sensor. The main rear 4.1 sensor is largely unchanged.

There are side-by-side comparisons online that show a significant difference. If you're interested, they're out there, but it seems you're more interested in spending your day smearing this phone on the forums. Also, MP rating does not dictate detail. They kept the MP rating low intentionally because it allows low-light shots (the kind most people are taking, in their homes, on a daily basis) to collect more detail. They talked about this two years ago when they released the One X and I've been hoping they would be gutsy enough to go for a lower MP cam on this one. Based on the photos I've seen, it has worked out very well. I'm eager to buy one.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Con't contribute anything meaningful so you'll heckle? I'm new here and I'm surprised how much phone wars nonsense is allowed in this forums.

I've been here a short while. While it may seem that some posters are instigators or unjust in their views due to closed-minded ignorance, that isn't always the case. Some of them don't discriminate when it comes to their criticisms. Every manufacturer's products are fair game in their eyes. Don't let it get to you, if that's the case. It's like water on a duck's back... Let it roll off and keep moving forward.

With that said, it's interesting seeing some of the disparity between the opinions of the M8 and its photography prowess and the disparity between the actual photos produced by it. I'm sure a software update may come soon to enhance it even further.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I've been here a short while. While it may seem that some posters are instigators or unjust in their views due to closed-minded ignorance, that isn't always the case. Some of them don't discriminate when it comes to their criticisms. Every manufacturer's products are fair game in their eyes. Don't let it get to you, if that's the case. It's like water on a duck's back... Let it roll off and keep moving forward.

With that said, it's interesting seeing some of the disparity between the opinions of the M8 and its photography prowess and the disparity between the actual photos produced by it. I'm sure a software update may come soon to enhance it even further.

I've been here for years and I'm still surprised by the hate people have for specific cellphones. It's kind of crazy when you think about it - these are convenience devices. Toys by many standards. I typically leave it alone at this point. Not worth it. I use what I use and what makes me happy. I ordered a GPE One the second I could, knowing full well that the phone uses a 4 MP camera - and the GPE won't even have all of the software that the Sensed version does! The samples that I've seen look pretty good. Are they the best? Nope. But I used a Moto X for awhile last year and even with that camera's issues, you could still get great shots here and there, so I have no worries about the One. I typically don't print anything out from my phone, I have on rare occasion printed some 4x6s and 5x7s, and I don't think I'll have any issue doing that here. Will they be professional photography-worthy? Nope, but they'll still be able to capture that moment that I needed to make sure I got captured.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. I suggest that those participating here avail themselves of the opportunity to review the forum rules.

Violations of the forum rules will be treated accordingly.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995