HTC One (M8): anyone with S-off?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T M8 is coming in today and I would like to know two things. Has anyone successfully unlocked the bootloader and does anyone have information on S-off. This is the first thing I'm doing after I get off work and un-box this beautiful bad mammajamma!

Posted via My HTC GPE

Last edited by a moderator:

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: anyone with $-off?

My AT&T M8 is coming in today and I would like to know two things. Has anyone successfully unlocked the bootloader and does anyone have information on S-off. This is the first thing I'm doing after I get off work and un-box this beautiful bad mammajamma!

Posted via My HTC GPE

For ATT, HTC Dev appears to be working, but no word on S-OFF just yet. There is a toolbox available for it, if that's your thing.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a link for the toolkit? I downloaded one last night but it doesn't come with an ability to s-off... Or custom recovery.

Posted via My HTC GPE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know if HTC Dev is working on the Sprint version? I'm waiting until the silver is available before I buy.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know if HTC Dev is working on the Sprint version? I'm waiting until the silver is available before I buy.

I am doing the exact same thing and have the exact same question :). I don't even care as much about S-OFF as long as HTCDev is working for an unlocked bootloader. Sprint has been very good recently it seems in not locking their phones down like Verizon does so I have high hopes.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I am doing the exact same thing and have the exact same question :). I don't even care as much about S-OFF as long as HTCDev is working for an unlocked bootloader. Sprint has been very good recently it seems in not locking their phones down like Verizon does so I have high hopes.

Oh cool! You're the first person I've found on here so far who's also waiting for the silver on Sprint, really surprising to me actually, I thought it would be more popular than the forum seems to indicate.
But yeah, I'd be very surprised if Sprint won't let users use HTC Dev. I've been with them since the original Evo and they've always seemed pretty happy to let their customers do stuff like that.
Worst case scenario we have to wait for a method to do it from the folks at xda though, so still not too bad.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Oh cool! You're the first person I've found on here so far who's also waiting for the silver on Sprint, really surprising to me actually, I thought it would be more popular than the forum seems to indicate.
But yeah, I'd be very surprised if Sprint won't let users use HTC Dev. I've been with them since the original Evo and they've always seemed pretty happy to let their customers do stuff like that.
Worst case scenario we have to wait for a method to do it from the folks at xda though, so still not too bad.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I know I am annoyed with the lack of info on the silver model on all other carriers besides Verizon. I don't like the new grey model nearly as much as the classic silver. I had the chance to play with both right next to each other at the Verizon store today and I can't wait for Sprint to get the Silver one so I can buy it immediately.

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I know I am annoyed with the lack of info on the silver model on all other carriers besides Verizon. I don't like the new grey model nearly as much as the classic silver. I had the chance to play with both right next to each other at the Verizon store today and I can't wait for Sprint to get the Silver one so I can buy it immediately.

Definitely! I was tweeting some people (Sprint, HTC, the guy who runs HTCSource) the other day and received a helpful response from HTCSource. His sources in HTC apparently said that all three colors will be available on Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon. T-Mobile won't get gold apparently as Best Buy doesn't sell for them anymore. Timeframe is looking like it'll be by April 10th or 11th. So that's good, not too terribly wrong if this is accurate. It makes as much sense as it can considering how vague the Verizon exclusivity has been. Hopefully they'll be ready with in-store availability on the silver as well so we can just run right out and pick one up without dealing with the torture that is shipment tracking for something really exciting like the M8.

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Definitely! I was tweeting some people (Sprint, HTC, the guy who runs HTCSource) the other day and received a helpful response from HTCSource. His sources in HTC apparently said that all three colors will be available on Sprint, AT&T, and Verizon. T-Mobile won't get gold apparently as Best Buy doesn't sell for them anymore. Timeframe is looking like it'll be by April 10th or 11th. So that's good, not too terribly wrong if this is accurate. It makes as much sense as it can considering how vague the Verizon exclusivity has been. Hopefully they'll be ready with in-store availability on the silver as well so we can just run right out and pick one up without dealing with the torture that is shipment tracking for something really exciting like the M8.

Well that's good to hear. I don't mind waiting I just don't like waiting without knowing what's actually happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888