HTC One (M8): AHH! I jumped to HTC and they replaced my emojis!

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The default Google Hangouts emojis have been replaced with HTC's own counterparts, and as cheesy as this sounds I really loved the stock ones. Is there any way to get them back? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: AHH! I jumped to HTC and they replaced my emojis!

I know its only a little gripe but I tend to agree they don't look as good as stock.

Posted from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Does the M8 allow you to change your default texting app like the stock kit kat does or is that just a stock thing? kind of curious

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Does the M8 allow you to change your default texting app like the stock kit kat does or is that just a stock thing? kind of curious

Yes, they allow you to change your default texting app. You can find the setting under "Settings" > "Wireless & Networks" > "More" > "Default SMS app".

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
yeah, what's strange is that in the emoji menu, it shows the google emojis, but when you select it and it shows it in the text box, it comes up as the HTC one. Kind of annoying. Is there anyway to fix this? I like the google ones, over the HTC ones. They have more character haha

anon(32711)

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
hi all. thought id share my experience. i got an m8 two days ago. rooted with s-off. upon renaming with root explorer the changes would revert every reboot. even deleting the file didnt work. i used the file explorer in twrp recovery to rename it to .old instead of .ttf. that worked. i also had to install xposed framework through recovery. the stock rom must revert any system file changes made from within the rom. all is well now. :)