Bluetooth question

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
When playing audio through bluetooth in the car, aren't notifications suppose to come through the car speakers? My phone just vibrates, is this normal?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the car I guess. Notifications come through my car speakers on my 2013 Altima. My car also can read my texts to me and that also comes through the speakers without issue. Maybe it doesn't work when streaming audio? I haven't tried that.

Posted via Android Central App

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Check what volume you have set for your notifications. I have mine on but sometime if its low i don't hear them over what I am listening to.

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Check what volume you have set for your notifications. I have mine on but sometime if its low i don't hear them over what I am listening to.

all notifications are set to max volume, i tried this on 2 of my vehicles and was the same result, it just vibrates. I then tried it with a iphone 5s with 7.1 and got the sound alerts with the vibrations. Never had an issue coming form the S4, so it looks like its a sense thing

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the car and the software used to communicate to the phone. Some aren't updated to full compatibility with new phones so you can get glitches.

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the car and the software used to communicate to the phone. Some aren't updated to full compatibility with new phones so you can get glitches.

It was on a 2004 & 2011 lexus. The S4 was on 4.4.2 same as the htc one, not trying to start an arguement.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It was on a 2004 & 2011 lexus. The S4 was on 4.4.2 same as the htc one, not trying to start an arguement.
No argument, just informing you. I just went through this with my new car. Once the head-unit software was updated, the phone worked fine. I'll probably go through it again with the M8.

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No argument, just informing you. I just went through this with my new car. Once the head-unit software was updated, the phone worked fine. I'll probably go through it again with the M8.

What car? What head unit?

I have a pioneer AVH-P4400BH last years model, checked their site, have the current firmware for it. When you do pair your M8 to your car, can you let me know outcome with audio streaming over bluetooth

Thanks

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the car I guess. Notifications come through my car speakers on my 2013 Altima. My car also can read my texts to me and that also comes through the speakers without issue. Maybe it doesn't work when streaming audio? I haven't tried that.

Is this through a certain app?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Is this through a certain app?

Not sure what you mean here. Using the normal apps my notifications and sounds come through my car speakers when Bluetooth is on. Now I don't know if it's just my car or what but that's my experience so far. I do know that certain cars have to support it but not sure because I don't have several cars or phones to test lol.

infamous84

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what you mean here. Using the normal apps my notifications and sounds come through my car speakers when Bluetooth is on. Now I don't know if it's just my car or what but that's my experience so far. I do know that certain cars have to support it but not sure because I don't have several cars or phones to test lol.

What about when streaming audio through bluetooth?