HTC One (M8): "Voice Roaming is on" Help

jerrad707

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone says that voice roaming is on and the little triangle is in the notification bar. I've tried pulling the sim card and also calling *228. Neither fixed it. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Voice Roaming is on" Help

My phone says that voice roaming is on and the little triangle is in the notification bar. I've tried pulling the sim card and also calling *228. Neither fixed it. Any ideas?

Try this: Hold down the triangle once you bring down the notification bar and hit force stop. Got the answer from this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/375377-voice-roaming-help.html

If that doesn't work, many are saying that it is a known issue and that the only fix was a sim card replacement/total phone replacement.

Let me know how it goes!

Jerry Myers1

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

I have this problem too and today I went to VZW store and they were not able to help. Called tech support and again they were not helpful. I tried the long press app and force stopping the app but it comes back on after a while. Tomorrow I will call HTC for help. Looks like it could be sim/and or phone replacement.

WinDroidGuy

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Talked to jetleigh from HTC today, she said there's a fix & she will personally post it here "soon". They're also communicating the fix with Verizon to tell others about it.

jetleigh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone – HTC is aware of the issue. HTC will be providing a software update to Verizon HTC One m8 users that will be pushed to you shortly. In the mean time, please be assured you will not be charged for roaming by having the triangle icon appear. Appreciate your patience in the matter!”

kebs

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new M8 today, and I am having this exact issue. When will the patch be sent out? Should I just go to the store to get it fixed in person (aka new phone, again) tomorrow?