HTC M8 Mini & future phones?

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site
We will most likely see a M8 mini and I believe it will sell well, a lot of peoples complaints were due to the size of the M8..

M8 Max should be out of the question, it would be too big and too heavy it wouldn't have any competition on the Note 4 considering how Samsung usually does well on the Note series. HTC has made dumb decisions before thou...

Instead of the M8 Max do you think we will be seeing an all new HTC device ?

We've already heard of the HTC desire 816 which is a beast of a "midrange" phone, should be available shortly.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 mini & future phones?

I've heard rumors of a device called the m8 Ace, which is speculated to be the m8 max

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I can't wait for the mini. It'll be a bit easier to handle. I'll buy it just as long as the specs aren't *too* much of a downgrade.

lEssence

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I can't wait for the mini. It'll be a bit easier to handle. I'll buy it just as long as the specs aren't *too* much of a downgrade.

I'll be doing the same, hopefully the price is reasonable as well :)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I wish I would have known they were coming out with a mini. The One X is already slightly too big and my M8 is going to be unwieldy. Just got it because I love the features so much.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

If the mini is 4.5 - 4.7 there is no reason for it to have lesser specs. I get it may have a smaller battery, but hopefully they can make a mini that deserves the M8 name.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

If the mini is 4.5 - 4.7 there is no reason for it to have lesser specs. I get it may have a smaller battery, but hopefully they can make a mini that deserves the M8 name.

Well, I'm setting my expectations low because it was rumoured to use a snapdragon 400 quad core. That way, my expectations are met or I'm pleasantly surprised! ☺

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, I'm setting my expectations low because it was rumoured to use a snapdragon 400 quad core. That way, my expectations are met or I'm pleasantly surprised! ☺

I think you are probably right, I just hate that the use the flagship name and make it a gimped device. They all do it. I just wish I could have a no compromise smaller Android device. I don't even think 4.7 is that small, but seems nobody is willing to do it.

I do own a Moto X and use the Nexus 5. I think Nexus 5 is as big as I want to go on a phone and maybe slightly too big.

It is just a preference thing for me as I am a 6'4 guy with large hands. I simply like my phone to me completely controlled one-handed. I use a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini when I want something larger.

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I think you are probably right, I just hate that the use the flagship name and make it a gimped device. They all do it. I just wish I could have a no compromise smaller Android device. I don't even think 4.7 is that small, but seems nobody is willing to do it.

I do own a Moto X and use the Nexus 5. I think Nexus 5 is as big as I want to go on a phone and maybe slightly too big.

It is just a preference thing for me as I am a 6'4 guy with large hands. I simply like my phone to me completely controlled one-handed. I use a Nexus 7 or iPad Mini when I want something larger.

That sums up how I feel exactly. I have a nexus 7 and it fills my needs for more screen real estate just fine when I need it. I want a small phone with all the power of its larger brethren. Hopefully more manufacturers start going the Sony/Motorola route with mini devices

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I hope we get a 4.3" 720 HTC One (M8) Mini with the same RAM, processor, and internal memory as the HTC One (M8).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance