HTC One (M8): Multi-select in gallery app

MrHug3

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Quick question for anyone that has an M8. I can't seem to find a way to send multiple pics through text messaging. Kind of like a sideshow. When I go to attach something, it says only to select one image. Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

mumupotamus

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
It seems like you have to choose the desired action first e.g Copy/Move/Delete/Share and that will allow you to choose which item/s to use it on.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you're using the stock messaging app. If so, select one picture from the gallery. Click on the attachment again and you'll get the option for a slideshow.

Posted via Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Quick question for anyone that has an M8. I can't seem to find a way to send multiple pics through text messaging. Kind of like a sideshow. When I go to attach something, it says only to select one image. Am I missing something?

When you're in an album, Tap share first and then select the app you want to use and then it will allow you to select multiple pics.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
When you're in an album, Tap share first and then select the app you want to use and then it will allow you to select multiple pics.

The gallery application will not let you select multiple pics if you're sharing via text, it will only let you select one pic. The op will need to start in the messaging app and keep attaching one pic at a time, but needs to remember that the more pics you attach the smaller the files get! Best to email them.

shashank jain1

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently purchased HTC one M8.
1) I can select multiple files if I go via application.
2) I can select multiple file if I go via gallery and choose FB

BUT I cannot select multiple file if I go via gallery and choose whatsapp. It is just sending 1 file and not showing "+" sign.

If anybody tried please advice
:(

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The gallery is weird like that. To multi-select for anything (share, move, copy, delete, etc), you select the function first, then it lets you select the pics/videos. So if you want to share several pics at once you first go to the album in the gallery holding said pics. Then tap the share button at the top right of the album and choose the app you want to share with. In the next screen you select the pics you want and tap NEXT. Then it will take you to the app you selected earlier to finish the process. Each app will obviously function differently, but should be straight forward enough at that point to figure out what to do. Like for Handcent, I type the contact name I want and then send.

mowmow

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I still can't select more than 1 pic after clicking "gallery", "share" then "messages". all the other apps in "share" lets me select more than one but not "messages" ?? Need an htc guru to help this htc-newbie please. ps I got my sprint- htc one in early 2013, have been keeping up with updates, etc... & very happy with phone except for this one issue

Thanks in advance.:-*
1/5/15

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I still can't select more than 1 pic after clicking "gallery", "share" then "messages". all the other apps in "share" lets me select more than one but not "messages" ?? Need an htc guru to help this htc-newbie please. ps I got my sprint- htc one in early 2013, have been keeping up with updates, etc... & very happy with phone except for this one issue

Thanks in advance.:-*
1/5/15

The only way to send multiple pictures using the stock messaging app is to attach the first one by either sharing in the gallery app or attaching the photo in the messaging apps and then hit the attachment paper clip at the top of the message and choose the next picture in the gallery you want to attach. It's kind of a pain, but you can attach multiple images and put text in between each picture.