HTC One (M8): Bluetooth issues

bgstewar

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2014 Sonata, and the phone plays music fine through my system. However, when taking/placing calls, for some reason the person's voice doesn't come through my car speakers, it comes through the phone speaker. I've double checked, and I've selected my Sonata as the bluetooth device, and the settings in my car are correct.

I didn't have this issue with my M7. Anyone have any ideas?

Also - when taking a call, do the rest of you get a popup screen asking you which bluetooth device you want to use? It's super annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issues

It's probably the Sonata's head unit. My Veloster did this with my One X until I got a recent software update, now it works smoothly. I expect my M8 will probably have glitches until Hyundai issues an update to their vehicle software. Many other Hyundai owners go through the same thing.

AsianSen54tion

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I will check the phone issues you have described later, but I was wondering if anyone was also having odd music issues when hooked up to bluetooth. When I listen to music, the music stutters not in the sense of play/pause, but more of a missing audio. The audio continues, there are just gaps in the audio. I figured it was connectivity/interference with other phones as the issue, but was wondering if anyone had the same problem. I'm gonna go check the calling thing though.

update: So I checked the phone bluetooth thing on my Corolla 2014, and first I found it was odd my phone rang along with the car speakers, but when calling, the sound came from the car speakers. I noticed that there were settings on the call screen that you could change while in call, you could take a look at that too if you haven't. But you can choose audio source which may fix your problem.

brownboi89

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I will check the phone issues you have described later, but I was wondering if anyone was also having odd music issues when hooked up to bluetooth. When I listen to music, the music stutters not in the sense of play/pause, but more of a missing audio. The audio continues, there are just gaps in the audio. I figured it was connectivity/interference with other phones as the issue, but was wondering if anyone had the same problem. I'm gonna go check the calling thing though.

update: So I checked the phone bluetooth thing on my Corolla 2014, and first I found it was odd my phone rang along with the car speakers, but when calling, the sound came from the car speakers. I noticed that there were settings on the call screen that you could change while in call, you could take a look at that too if you haven't. But you can choose audio source which may fix your problem.

This happens to me as well. I am playing something over bluetooth and it is working good-- then it cuts. Bluetooth is still connected and my phone is still playing but the audio is missing. Then the audio sometimes comes back. Soon, in a couple minutes it says 'device disconnected' and re-connects ~10 seconds later. It is really annoying.

AsianSen54tion

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So i found out how to temporarily fix my problem. I've found a small but clear relation between running processes and music continuity. It appears that whenever i have multiple processes running then try to play music, it lags whenever the processes are in action/performing background tasks. When i scrolled, I noticed that music lagged. I was able to get around the issue by simply shutting off all processes, opening the music and playing, restarting the audio car player (just power, not car/connection), and then trying again. So far, I haven't had an issue as long as there are not too many processes running.

arthursw

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
First a question, what are the choices in the pop-up and is there an 'always' or 'just once' choice?
Second, have you tried it with the 'CAR' app running?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463