2013 Nissan and HTC One (M8) playing music in car

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think It will work I have a 2013 Nissan maxima with monitor package but no GPS navigation please help me in phone it says my music is turned on blue tooth under my car but there's no way to play it Nissan said there only set up for Apple wtf? I have a red white and yellow port and a usb but the usb doesn't connect with my phone like the ipho e use to I wanna play my music,:(

Posted via Android Central App

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: 2013 Nissan and HTC m8 playing music in car

That's pretty typical. My Kia like that. Just plug it into the aux port.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
There is no aux port in my car just the RCA port I was told that will work but won't be able to control my music thru my car anymore I'll have to use my phone to do everything anyway I just ordered the RCA cable and other advice please let me know thank you

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There is no aux port in my car just the RCA port I was told that will work but won't be able to control my music thru my car anymore I'll have to use my phone to do everything anyway I just ordered the RCA cable and other advice please let me know thank you

Correct. Just like any aux port, the port doesn't control the phone, it's just an audio connection. You could try connecting to the usb port, and put the phone into Disk Drive mode. THis should let the car see it as an external drive, not as a phone. Otherwise, there's not much else you can do. The fact that your car only connects to iphones is a fault of the car, not the phone.

cruisingbasic

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about the multiple post I never done this before or hand an android phone anyways how do I put my *m8 INTO DISK DRIVE mode or what ever you said so I can see if that will work for me?

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When you connect a usb cable to the phone, pull down the notifications menu. There will be a USB connection option, to change from charge only, to disk drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol