Question for those of you using GSam Battery Monitor

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so just wondering what other users are seeing in terms of percentage used by "Kernel (Android OS) " as compared to screen on time, and total battery. For me, the Kernel is regularly taking up about 50% of my battery on a daily basis, which seems really high honestly.

I guess it would be possible for people using other battery monitors, i just figured some might organize things differently and throw off my question.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so just wondering what other users are seeing in terms of percentage used by "Kernel (Android OS) " as compared to screen on time, and total battery. For me, the Kernel is regularly taking up about 50% of my battery on a daily basis, which seems really high honestly.

I guess it would be possible for people using other battery monitors, i just figured some might organize things differently and throw off my question.

That's normal. The kernel is what does all of the interacting between hardware and software. So if you press the button to take a picture the kernel interprets that input and makes the camera do what you told it to do.

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
That's normal. The kernel is what does all of the interacting between hardware and software. So if you press the button to take a picture the kernel interprets that input and makes the camera do what you told it to do.

Alright thanks. It seemed high based on my recollection of previous phones, I could be nuts though lol. Just trying to figure it out because I feel like I'm getting just so-so battery life from this thing even with low screen on and no one app going nuts.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright thanks. It seemed high based on my recollection of previous phones, I could be nuts though lol. Just trying to figure it out because I feel like I'm getting just so-so battery life from this thing even with low screen on and no one app going nuts.

I was getting decent battery life, but switching to the ART runtime drastically increased battery life. I haven't found any app incompatibilities yet, either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc