HTC One (M8): Disable dot view?

johndeg

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I second this, with a small change. I just got a Mountek Snap+ with the magnetic mount, and was able to stop DotView from activating by having the magnet to the far right of the phone when looking at the display (not on the left, as OP noted), or on the far left when looking at the back of the phone. I just placed it in between my phone and case, and it works great.

Come on HTC, let us disable or uninstall DotView!

Scott Hafe

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
found a solution.

without messing around with apps, settings i found a dumb easy solution.

click the home button. select the 9 dot button to see the list of your apps.

scroll down till you see "HTC Dot View"

uncheck "Turn on HTC Dot View" [ ]

cheers

Zero One

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
You can switch it off completely. Ofcourse ROOT is needed. And needed MaximusHD custom rom (also others have that feature, but i use doublesim m8). Anyway, i see Maximus is the best rom for m8.

jlevindev

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
No root needed. In the App, there's a simple setting called 'Turn on HTC Dot View'. Simply uncheck that setting and Walla - it's disabled. Note that I can see this setting after I went into app manager and uninstalled the new versions of the app - not sure if that setting will be visible on the latest update.

jlevindev

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
No root needed. In the App, there's a simple setting called 'Turn on HTC Dot View'. Simply uncheck that setting and Walla - it's disabled. Note that I can see this setting after I went into app manager and uninstalled the new versions of the app - not sure if that setting will be visible on the latest update.

Seshasai

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
In the dot view cover,there is a opening for the proximity sensor. Please cover it with any opaque item like an insulation tape. The dot view feature should be disabled.