How can I make images show up by default in the E-Mail app?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I have my Gmail account set up thru the reg mail app not the Gmail app. How do u have it set so all the emails have the pics n such show up when u open the email instead of having to press display images button every time?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There doesn't appear to be an option to allow images to always be shown in the native email app. The lack of that option is pretty common with most (not all) native email apps probably for security concerns. They want you to decide on a mail by mail basis whether you feel safe allowing the images. Images imbedded in emails can introduce viruses and malware to your system and not allowing them is for your protection unless you know that they are from a trusted sender.

Just curious why you wouldn't use the Gmail app for your email. I use it exclusively for my personal email and only use the native email app for my exchange account with my employer. I forward all my personal accounts through their account settings to my Gmail account. That way all my personal email shows up in my Gmail account, all in one place, and it's easier to manage. The emails get to me much faster, especially with POP accounts as they are forwarded directly to Gmail when they arrive on the email providers servers and are pushed directly to me and not delayed by a fetch schedule. Additionally, Gmail allows for always displaying images safely. The images are handled through proxy servers by Gmail and are scanned for viruses and malware prior to being delivered through Gmail. You may want to give this method a try, I really like the convenience of how it works for me.