HTC One (M8): Dot View Case - out of stock everywhere??

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine ordered his a day or so before me and his is being dispatched on the 7th, mine on the 29th.
Either they hardly made any or they've been selling like hotcakes and in a couple of months everyone will have a dot case.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from Verizon last week, it shipped the day after I ordered. USPS tracking says they delivered it to a different zipcode at 3:58am on Monday. Verizon says they can't do anything, I have to report it to the post office. Post office says "we delivered it". $50 down the toilet.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I managed to find one at my local Verizon store. Might wanna give them a call.

Posted via Android Central App

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine from Verizon last week, it shipped the day after I ordered. USPS tracking says they delivered it to a different zipcode at 3:58am on Monday. Verizon says they can't do anything, I have to report it to the post office. Post office says "we delivered it". $50 down the toilet.

I assume you used a credit card. Report it to them

Belynda Hurst

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine in the UK on 30th March, when I ordered it said 3 days it would be in stock, now it says end of May delivery!!! I ordered grey.When did you all order.?

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't actually, I had it billed to my Verizon bill. My plan was to not pay that portion of the bill but I have a feeling that won't get me very far. Actually had some movement on this today. The post office called me surprisingly to say that the zip code it shows delivered to is actually a zip code strictly used by Verizon and is owned by them so the post office is assuming at this point that the package ended up getting shipped directly to another Verizon facility but they don't know exactly where. they suggested I contact Verizon and to contact the Postal service consumer affairs division if I didn't get anywhere with Verizon. Verizon seemed a little more friendly about it this time and said they would contact the original shipper and get another case shipped out. They had no idea about stock or anything but I have a feeling it is going to be a very long time before I ever see the case - if ever.

Fotoav8r

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the Verizon tip. I called my local store, but they were out, but the helpful CSR called some other stores and found one in a town close by. They only had the grey one which was fine with me.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the Verizon tip. I called my local store, but they were out, but the helpful CSR called some other stores and found one in a town close by. They only had the grey one which was fine with me.

I believe that is the only color that is available at the moment.

I chose the dark grey M8, so the color of the case matching the color of the phone itself was perfection.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I Just purchased a black dot view case from shopandroid.com.The page said Sold out and when i pa?d for it the disclaimer said my CC dont be charged until the product is restocked. I put the order then and i got a order confirmation and then received a order receipt stating it has shipped today with tracking number and everything. I hope this helps alot of dot view seekers

Chris Rheeston

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Mobile Fun had the black ones in stock but they've since sold out. Been told that the grey ones are due on the 21st and the other colours (red/green etc) will be May before they arrive. Pre-ordered my grey one today.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector at the AT&T store but they were out of the dot view cases. I asked them whether the case would fit with the glass cover because the glass covers are thicker than the normal screen protectors. They had no clue but thought that it should. I received the dot view in the mail yesterday, and sure enough, it won't close with the tempered glass protector. Now, I have to decide which I want more, the glass protector or the dot view case. Worse, the store will take the case back, but not the screen protector (I guess because they won't be able to resell the protector).

The dot view case is interesting but one thing I really don't like about it is that it really hides the phone in a less than stellar looking case. The advantage is having access to calls and info without having to open the case. I'm undecided right now as to which I'm going to keep.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante