What are HTC One (M8) users using for text?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: What are M8 users using for text?

I noticed something that came with the phone messaging plus but I deleted it. I just decided to use and keep Handcent and not use Google Hangouts for texting but if I can use it for IM than I'll use it instead of Yahoo Messenger. I also use Tikl for walkie talkie and sometimes messaging. But Handcent has always been my go to for texting. There's a setting I can't remember where it is though for when I send out a group message it goes individually so if one replies not everyone sees replies from people they don't know. Anyway really loving this phone.

I just recently tried CM messaging. It has a great interface and feels similar to stock offerings.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.smitten.slidingmms&token=SzTaymmK

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

robbski300

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

There's a setting I can't remember where it is though for when I send out a group message it goes individually so if one replies not everyone sees replies from people they don't know. Anyway really loving this phone.

Handcent Settings>Send message settings>Send as split threads

Toggle this on and it splits the thread for each person when sending a group SMS.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock HTC app, but the contact pics aren't showing up, I've tried changing them, and a reset of the phone, but still nothing. It's a little thing, but irritates me anyway, anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

thats why i switched to the stock app-. easy contact set up-

open app
press blank face
press little card on right next to name
then press little camera
gallery or camera add picture

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I've tried this, but they still go away. Only in the messaging app, the pics from my Google account are there in phone, people and other lists, but not in messaging. I've tried changing the pic to one that is actually in the gallery on the phone with the same results.

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Does Google hangouts have the pop-up that go pro and handcent have? The ability to read and reply without leaving my current task is a must.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Handcent for years. I have it customized just the way I like it

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

I've been using Chomp SMS for ages.. am I the only one?

I'm using it, but have been giving some thought to switching over to Hangouts. After reading this thread, though, I think I'll probably stick with Chomp. I use Hangouts for IM, and I know it doesn't have the pop-up notification that lets me reply without leaving my current application. I use that feature of Chomp all the time.

CollegePartyBoy

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to love Chomp, used it on all of my previous phones. When I got the M7, it wouldn't send pictures. Same problem on the M8. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Hangouts for me. I like that you can multi select and delete all messages at once plus it's tied to my Google account and my contact display pictures show up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Using GoSMS I installed their plug in for emoji. But how do I get emoji using SwiftKey on the stock messaging App?

Emoji isnt built into swiftkey yet..unless you are running the beta version. If you are running GoSMS, why would you need emoji in the stock app?

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Verizon has it's own messaging app which is quite good, never used it until this phone came out.
I have to admit, I've been using this as my main texting app too. I like the fact that I can log in and text from my computer while at work...

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site

I usually complain about Verizon, but the Verizon Message app is really good. I use it on my phone and tablet. It syncs between the two.