Fix for Notification Lights not working on Verizon HTC One (M8)

xterra4mike

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Just like many, I was getting irritated that my new HTC One (M8) had one irritating issue...the notification light was only working (and by working I mean staying lit) when I was charging mt device. After 2 factory restarts I made the call to HTC...not to my suprise they were aware of the concern and were working with Verizon to come up with a solution/ patch. While this was in development the representative provided me the instructions below to disable the Verizon Messenger app on the device. After a restart, the device is working perfectly.

Settings> App Manager> Slide over to "All"> Scroll down to "Verizon Messages"> Disable.
Restart device.

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fix for Notification Lights not working on Verizon HTC 1 (M8)

I am shocked a customer service rep knew that process. Although, since the problem is connected to the Verizon Messages app, that is a significant bug.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I am shocked a customer service rep knew that process. Although, since the problem is connected to the Verizon Messages app, that is a significant bug.

I agree. I switch phones so much I was looking for a "central" type of messaging app. I use VZW Messaging on my iPad and it works fine, so thought about using it on my M8. I don't want to if they are going to have issue. I guess there is Google Hangouts, but there aren't many features, and I don't know how reliable it is.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I agree. I switch phones so much I was looking for a "central" type of messaging app. I use VZW Messaging on my iPad and it works fine, so thought about using it on my M8. I don't want to if they are going to have issue. I guess there is Google Hangouts, but there aren't many features, and I don't know how reliable it is.

I've been using Hangouts exclusively for a couple of months and it's worked great for me. Many improvements and added functionality along the way and there's talk about more good things to come. I like it.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I use the VZW messaging app and I have notification light with no problem.

BoB_BaRkEr187

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I don't see an app labeled that.... :(

I see a messages+ app in Verizon Colors

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I think it is really only affecting those that choose hangouts as their default SMS app

You mean problems with notification LED? If so, no problems here. Unlocked M8 using Hangouts as default for messaging, LED notification works perfectly.