HTC One (M8): Wifi Tether ACHIEVED!!! (For a small fee using paid app)

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I did not come up with the method, but I can verify that it is work, and working quite NICELY!! See info below, and happy Tethering!! BTW im on a Verizon HTC One M8

Wifi tether router works. Still have to have root, but it is not necessary to disable the tetheringguard in order to use this. However it is a paid app ($2.50 USD). Still $2.50 one-time versus $30/mon... I dunno?

I am coming from VZ Samsung S4 and used it extensively there. Just occurred to me to try it on my M8 (there is a pun in there somewhere). Works good. Item of note: the app drains battery badly and I noticed today my device was warm (not hot) while running tether software and charging.
I can confirm this works. i have tethering guard disabled using tb. and ran this app.

in the app, i set the following
SSID=OneM8
ecryption type=wp2-psk
WIFI Password=none of your beeswax
wifi channel = 11
interface=kept it at 'wlan0
method=hostapd

i kept everything else defaulted and it works for me.

At first it just froze up. i rebooted and it started working afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi Tether ACHIEVED!!!(For a small fee)

People who want to tether will be happy with this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I have Sprint and used to use this app and I forget the name now then it quit working after JB update I think. And I wasn't rooted. If anyone with Sprint not rooted finds a way to tether let me know. Thanks!

Yes that is correct.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I want to be able to tether from phone to my Asus Transformer Prime tablet. For when I am somewhere without free wifi and want to use tablet through my phones 4G. Or if I'm driving somewhere out of town and in car with tablet. But now with bigger phone and screen I'm good most of the time I guess.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What works PDA Net or wifi tether? And do you have to be rooted cause i"m not? So I can bluetooth and tether from phone to my Asus tablet? OH the app I used to use was called FoxFi I think.

I have to confirm as well, this app does work. After I rebooted it worked great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670