HTC One (M8) - Icon Legend?

GunnerFan420

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I admit it... I'm spoiled by the internet. Whenever I need some code help or a transact-sql command at work I just jump on my browser, run a search and I'm on my way. Perhaps that's why I'm feeling such frustration that I can't find a simple icon legend for my new HTC One M8. Performed several searches, check for the information on the phone itself and even downloaded the full manual and went through it page by page without success. You'd think there's at least one attention loving HTC guy or girl out there who would have this up... and they may have.. but I can't find it.

That being said I did have the presences of mind to take a shot of the icon in question which I've attempted to attach. It's the icon on the far left which isn't familiar. It's probably obvious to most but I've only had the phone a few days and I'm clueless. I'd also love it if anyone could turn me on to a guide or list of all the status bar icons for reference in case I have additional questions.

Thank you!

htc one m8 icons.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - Icon Legend?

I believe that's "boomsound", music enhancement.
BTW, looks like you're listening to some good music.

GunnerFan420

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - Icon Legend?

Haha thanks B0WIE. I tried to crop it but Joe Cocker will not be contained. I was listening to music quite loudly at the time so that seems likely. Thank you sir.

cynofile

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Try this _ scroll down to 'Status Lights'https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F10369

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Another thread has the information on how to get to the Icon Legend, here is the post.

There are a lot of Help files and I learned from it that if I use 2 fingers to grab the notification bar and pull down it takes me directly to Settings, cuts out a swipe and tap.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can also see that icon in the main settings page next to the Boom Sound check box. When listening through the phone, you can't disable the "enhancement" (I'm personally not a fan of it), but you can switch it on and off when using the aux jack or Bluetooth streaming.