HTC One (M8): WiFi arrows constantly lit up

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that the WiFi indicator arrows on my M8 are constantly lit up. It doesn't seem to be transmitting much data though according to My Data Manager that I installed. I'm not sure whether this is a bug with the phone or whether there's some incompatibility issue between the phone and our router.

When I disable WiFi, I don't get the same constant-on arrows on 4G.

Is anyone else seeing this on their M8?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am not quite sure what the problem is...are you saying that WiFi is on, but that you are not acquiring a strong signal?

I made a post regarding WiFi and Mobile indicators and their coinciding lit indicators not too long ago...take a look...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/375393-fight-death-wifi-vs-mobile-network.html

Hi,

No, what I mean is that the two arrows (one facing up, one down) beneath the WiFi strength bars are both constantly lit. This would theoretically mean that that the phone is permanently transmitting and / or receiving data. Other than that, WiFi reception is fine and the signal strength indicator also seems to be working.

Regards,

Peter

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

No, what I mean is that the two arrows (one facing up, one down) beneath the WiFi strength bars are both constantly lit. This would theoretically mean that that the phone is permanently transmitting and / or receiving data. Other than that, WiFi reception is fine and the signal strength indicator also seems to be working.

Regards,

Peter

Ahh, okay.

I just checked my phone, and the arrows were only lit up for a couple of seconds, after which they went dark with the WiFi signal bars still lit.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that is not known to me. I apologize for the lack of help.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Update: it seems that I've found the culprit. I force quit one running task after the other and the network storm stopped when I disabled the Sonos controller app. It started again when I opened it again. Not sure what the heck it's doing.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, okay.

I just checked my phone, and the arrows were only lit up for a couple of seconds, after which they went dark with the WiFi signal bars still lit.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that is not known to me. I apologize for the lack of help.

No problem, my initial post wasn't very clear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain