Anyway to turn of gesture unlocks but keep double tap?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having a problem where I'm constantly unlocking the phone with the gestures, the slide to unlocks while the screen is off, but I want to keep the double tap as I won't have to reach the power button and that one works really wellso far I have only found a way to turn them all off.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can turn off individual ones. I think they are all on or all off. I could definitely see how this might be a problem to some.

Maybe they add the ability to turn off individual gestures in an update? Definitely would help some people

Posted via Android Central App

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wish you could change the swipe gestures to open a different app. Would love to have the swipe left open the text messaging app.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to turn off gestures as the phone keeps getting unlocked. It's more of a pain in the *** than just reaching for the power button.

fsdorado

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I really wish the double tap to turn on was on other devices as well. I keep double tapping my Nexus 7 and expecting it to turn on!! :)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I can't pick up the phone without unlocking the screen. I should probably just go to power button only. My One X pocket emailed a bunch of my customers once. I can't imagine what trouble this M8 will get me into...

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine kept unlocking too. Just turn on security. This way you can't do too much damage and no one can access your phone when you leave it somewhere. (IE: Someone left their iPhone in the bathroom today. I found it's way to the lost and found, not the toilet...)

The one thing that I haven't been able to find is the banner to display another person's contact information if you do forget your phone somewhere...

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine kept unlocking too. Just turn on security. This way you can't do too much damage and no one can access your phone when you leave it somewhere. (IE: Someone left their iPhone in the bathroom today. I found it's way to the lost and found, not the toilet...)

The one thing that I haven't been able to find is the banner to display another person's contact information if you do forget your phone somewhere...

I am on day 2 with the phone and this has been a big frustration so far. I will try this and see. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49