HTC One (M8): Sprint Users, I need SERIOUS help/have some questions.

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I've had horrible connections since last Friday. I haven't been able to make calls/texts or get any calls/texts. Initially, I was always roaming and I wasn't able to connect to 3G. When I brought my phone to the Sprint store, they said I had to "reactivate" my phone, which helped the problem for circa 5 hours. Now, my phone still isn't working..I'm not connecting anywhere. I've done everything under the sun: I've updated my profile, reset my Data Network, did an entire factory reset, and my phone is still shot to heck. It is entirely unusable. I'm still getting these LTE-EMM notifications. But it wasn't like this for the first week I had this phone, so I don't understand how I can go from getting signal everywhere I live to not being able to connect.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? What's everyone hardware version on the phone? Mine is 0005

And Yes, I've already did the software update that was released this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint Users, I need SERIOUS help/have some questions.

Sorry to hear that.
I don't have that phone but I have Sprint.

Something similar happens to me in certain areas where I use to have LTE at 30 mbps down and 7-14 mbps up.

As far as I know, (my friend's brother works upgrading the antennas for a few carriers) Sprint is upgrading to spark in many places including where I live.

Now, if you don't have any signal at all. Get in touch with Sprint and tell them your going to cancel service altogether if you don't get this problem fixed.
If they don't/won't/can't fix it, well, time to move to greener pastures.

Let us know what happens.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Not sure how long you've been with Sprint, but that's completely normal. I had Sprint for the last 10 years, and about 5 years ago, the problems started. There is no 4g anywhere near where I live, and the 3g usually gets less than 100kbps down. The last year or so has been the worst, my phone was literally on 1x and/or roaming at least half the day. I travel a lot for work, and it's like this pretty much everywhere. They will give you the whole "you need to reactivate your phone" and "we're working on upgrading our towers" talk, but IMO, they haven't updated anything in my area in over 6 years.

I got my M8 last week and switched to Verizon, and I've never been happier. It's nice to actually be able to make a call and send texts without having to worry about them not going through.

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

It's not a problem with Sprint in my area, my coverage is great and I live in a Sprint Spark area. Like I said, it wasn't like this a week ago & my mom's phone is connecting fine, it's the phone.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I would take it back to the store and have them check it out or swap it out. I am also with Sprint and have the M8 and I'm not having those issues.

Ice

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

It's not a problem with Sprint in my area, my coverage is great and I live in a Sprint Spark area. Like I said, it wasn't like this a week ago & my mom's phone is connecting fine, it's the phone.

Oooohh! My bad! I thought you meant your service...
Anyway, if it's the phone then exchange it for a working one.
Are you still within the 14 days?

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

A buddy of mine had the same problem.He got his phone swapped out yesterday and the new one seems to be working fine so far.

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

yeah, I ordered the phone online though. Does the two-week policy start from the date of order or the initial date of activation?

It sucks, cause it wasn't like this a week ago & I absolutely LOVE this phone. I don't want to trade it for another..

- - - Updated - - -

did he got swapped at the store?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

It supposed to start from the day it was activated.

Well, it's better to cancel and return the phone. Then get another and your 2 weeks start again.

It's a pain to get another after the 2 weeks, especially if you don't have their insurance.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Call sprint and have them re provision your phone. This is something they don't mention but all it does is reset your phone for the network. It only takes a minute and it will fix your network connection.

Posted via the porcelain throne.

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Did that manually myself..TWICE.

and I brought to the Sprint store and the tech did it there.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Did that manually myself..TWICE.

and I brought to the Sprint store and the tech did it there.

I would definitely exchange that phone and get insurance at least for a couple of months. By then you should know if the phone is good enough to take the insurance off.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

There's a pretty massive thread going on at S4GRU about this with Sprint users. You're not alone.

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Good!
How's the new phone doing?

awesome possum, just like it was originally. Hopefully it doesn't get weird in a week, =P

Can't do it yourself. They have to reset it on their end.

Well technically, I reset the Data Network and reactivated it myself.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

awesome possum, just like it was originally. Hopefully it doesn't get weird in a week, =P

Well technically, I reset the Data Network and reactivated it myself.
Yep, but it's not the same thing.