Unlocked M8 and AT&T Visual Voice Mail

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Has any one gotten Visual Voice Mail to work on the unlocked M8 on AT&T? I got my phone in the mail and was going to go port my number from Verizon but if this doesn't work I'm just going to return it to HTC.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No, it doesn't seem to be compatible. This could change in future updates to the app. I have switched over to google voice for my voicemail. Works just as well as the AT&T app.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Has any one gotten Visual Voice Mail to work on the unlocked M8 on AT&T? I got my phone in the mail and was going to go port my number from Verizon but if this doesn't work I'm just going to return it to HTC.

The HTC One is on their list of supported devices. I used to use the app until I switched my voicemail over to Google voice voicemail. It's free, provides visual voicemail, many additional features and works much better IMHO. Have you ever considered using it instead of the AT&T vvm app?

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I too have the unlocked and use Google voice. Much better than the visual vm from att

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I'm going to try the Google voice voicemail on my current phone and see if that works before returning it to HTC.

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was trying it out. It says that I have to port my number to Google if I want to use my current phone number with Google Voice. Is this the only way?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
No. Get a new number for free from GV, you can then add your existing number to your GV account. I have 2 cellphones with their own mumbers. I also have a GV number. I added my 2 cell phones to my GV account and told GV and my phones to use GV voice mail. Works very well. You can even set up groups with different outgoing messages.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was trying it out. It says that I have to port my number to Google if I want to use my current phone number with Google Voice. Is this the only way?

No you don't have to port your number. Go to Google voice and setup a free account. You can get the full version with a Google voice number or the lite version that just gives you voicemail services. https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115127?hl=en

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's help. I set up a free account and the app on my current phone and it works great! I just had to have calls forwarded to my google voice number So, now I can keep the unlocked M8 :)