Notification Icon (Box w/ triangle on left side and + in the middle) -- dissappears...???

ArcticFamily

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
A notification icon regularly appears that appears to be a square or a box with the left side of the box a triangle < +] so, sorta like that with a + sign in the middle of the box.
What is it? When you swipe down for notifications, it disappears and is not listed?

Stumped. Is it my HTC-ware or an App I have installed?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A notification icon regularly appears that appears to be a square or a box with the left side of the box a triangle < +] so, sorta like that with a + sign in the middle of the box.
What is it? When you swipe down for notifications, it disappears and is not listed?

Stumped. Is it my HTC-ware or an App I have installed?

I think I know what you are asking. It is indicating you have more notifications than you do space in he Status bar. If you swipe away a couple notifications it should disappear too.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish the status bar icons were smaller. A lot of times there is no room for notifications. I guess I could turn off a few things.

aqybyhy3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
In that screenshot, you have no room for any notifications, as all the system ones are taking up space.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Yes, it's a bit annoying at times. They should turn off the battery icon when you turn on the percentage and I don't think I need the NFC indicator. I do use NFC most days so I don't want to disable it.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to know what the numbers on the left are for. At first I thought they corresponded to the battery but they don't. Any guesses.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know what the numbers on the left are for. At first I thought they corresponded to the battery but they don't. Any guesses.

What numbers are you talking about? Could it be the date, or free memory?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a number that sits on the left of the notification bar. It seems to closely match the percentage number next to the battery symbol. However, it doesn't match it all the time. I've combed through settings and can't figure it out. I'm totally stumped.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's a number that sits on the left of the notification bar. It seems to closely match the percentage number next to the battery symbol. However, it doesn't match it all the time. I've combed through settings and can't figure it out. I'm totally stumped.

Can you post a screenshot?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably from some 3rd party app you installed. They don't always poll the battery as frequently as the system does, so what it reports might lag behind the actual system battery icon. Power Toggles gives you an option to have the battery percentage appear on the left of the Notification Bar--do you have that installed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084