M8 or M8 (GPE)???

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The android is the one the sale at stores and carriers. The GPE is the Google version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sense version is at the carriers and the gpe edition is the android one. Google makes android. Technically though they both run android, the Sense version has Sense overlayed on top of android

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is for the Sense version. You're gonna lose a lot of really cool features and functions of the phone without it. That's just my .02

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The Sense version is at the carriers and the gpe edition is the android one. Google makes android. Technically though they both run android, the Sense version has Sense overlayed on top of android

My fault. I was confused. Lol

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My fault. I was confused. Lol

All good! Just trying to clarify for you, these things can be very confusing if you're new to it.

Any more questions or concerns, just post them up and we will all try our best to help you!

Good luck to ya!

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
All good! Just trying to clarify for you, these things can be very confusing if you're new to it

Good luck to ya!

Yeah I'm very new. Been with iPhone for a while. Just want change bigger screen and unlimited data.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So HTC has dot view, motion gestures, duo camera for the GPE, and I believe they are going to release Zoe and blinkfeed as well to the play store

Posted via Android Central App

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Getting ready to order the M8 GPE. I'm either gonna use it on AT&T and up my data if I need or switch to T-Mobile and get unlimited. Was wondering. How much data a month do u all use on ur device a month???

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Getting ready to order the M8 GPE. I'm either gonna use it on AT&T and up my data if I need or switch to T-Mobile and get unlimited. Was wondering. How much data a month do u all use on ur device a month???

I have the 10gb mobile share on AT&T that is shared among several phones on my plan. I generally use under 2gb (more like 1gb mostly) per month but I spend a lot of time with wifi available.

Just wondering, before it seemed you were leaning towards the regular M8 but you say you're ordering the GPE version. Anything in particular that caused you to pick that one? Just curious...

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the 10gb mobile share on AT&T that is shared among several phones on my plan. I generally use under 2gb (more like 1gb mostly) per month but I spend a lot of time with wifi available.

Just wondering, before it seemed you were leaning towards the regular M8 but you say you're ordering the GPE version. Anything in particular that caused you to pick that one? Just curious...

I'm in contract still. Really don't wanna switch t-mobile cuz u have to pay monthly for the phone if u buy from them. They don't do subsided prices u have to pay full prices.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The GPE is not subsidized and you pay full price for it unlocked for gsm carriers. You can get the regular M8 directly from HTC unlocked for gsm carriers as well. So if buying off contract is the way you're going, you still can choose either one just in case you weren't aware of that.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The GPE is not subsidized and you pay full price for it unlocked for gsm carriers. You can get the regular M8 directly from HTC unlocked for gsm carriers as well. So if buying off contract is the way you're going, you still can choose either one just in case you weren't aware of that.

So the GPE is not unlocked??? I'm confused

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Their both unlocked. Their both the same price so might as well get the GPE.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So the GPE is not unlocked??? I'm confused

Yes the one you can buy though Google (the Google play edition GPE) is unlocked and can be used on compatible Gsm carriers. That one has the stock Android operating system (not the Htc Sense overlay and optimizations). Comes in Gunmetal Gray in stock at the moment

You can also buy directly through Htc and get an unlocked Htc One M8. That one can also be used on compatible Gsm carriers. It has the Htc Sense overlay and enhancements optimized for the M8 with the added software from Htc but no carrier added bloatware software. Available in all three colors in stock with free overnight shipping and no tax unless you're in one of the three states where they have to collect tax.

Both are currently the same price 699

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes the one you can buy though Google (the Google play edition GPE) is unlocked and can be used on compatible Gsm carriers. That one has the stock Android operating system (not the Htc Sense overlay and optimizations). Comes in Gunmetal Gray in stock at the moment

You can also buy directly through Htc and get an unlocked Htc One M8. That one can also be used on compatible Gsm carriers. It has the Htc Sense overlay and enhancements optimized for the M8 with the added software from Htc but no carrier added bloatware software. Available in all three colors in stock with free overnight shipping and no tax unless you're in one of the three states where they have to collect tax.

Both are currently the same price 699

I think I'm gonna go to best buy trade my 5s in for $300 then pay the difference. That'll be cheaper then the other way. Sounds like a plan to me. Gonna get it done tomorrow.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm gonna go to best buy trade my 5s in for $300 then pay the difference. That'll be cheaper then the other way. Sounds like a plan to me. Gonna get it done tomorrow.

Now you're talking! Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it works out and how you like the phone. :)

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate it. I'll let u know how I love it.

One last thing to do, before you hand over that iPhone and disconnect service from it be sure to sign out of iMessage!!! If you don't you're gonna have real problems with texting. On the iPhone go into settings, tap on iMessage, tap on the send & receive, tap on your Apple ID and then select sign out.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
One last thing to do, before you hand over that iPhone and disconnect service from it be sure to sign out of iMessage!!! If you don't you're gonna have real problems with texting. On the iPhone go into settings, tap on iMessage, tap on the send & receive, tap on your Apple ID and then select sign out.

What do u mean by disconnect network??? I'm gonna sign out of iMessage. Do a factory reset. And take the sim out. I'm selling it tomorrow for $400.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL