M8 Bluetooth volume

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with low volume using a BT connection, such as Ford Sync? I deleted my old pairing in my vehicle, added the new phone, but every time I make a phone call, the volume is incredibly low, even with the phone BT volume at max. Is there any way to adjust this? I have to turn the vehicle in-call volume to nearly max to hear anyone. Comparing this to my previous M7, and other phones I've used, I would keep the BT volume on the phone at max, but the in-car volume at 50%.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I have Sync. If I want to listen to music or phone calls at an acceptable volume, you have to turn up the volume on the phone. Every time. It will warn you that you're trying to listen at potentially unsafe volumes, and then it will be the proper volume in the car once you confirm and then raise the volume. I've seen this on other android phones, so I guess they're just making sure we're not retarded or something.

I've also gone into sounds and raised each volume slider as high as it will go, but it doesn't seem to help.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2012 Lincoln which also uses the Sync system. Up until two days ago I used my S4 with it and I removed that and put on the m8. I haven't seen any difference in either music or call volume levels with the Bluetooth connection. They are similar to the S4 with sync. No problem here.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try to remove and re-pair the phone. In my Mustang, I've used the Evo's and the M7, I could keep the BT volume on max, then have the car volume at 50%. I feel with the M8, I've got the BT volume at max and the car volume at 90% just to maintain a decent level. I'll report back once I try that. Thanks for the responses.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Tried deleting the connection and un-pairing the phone. After re-connecting the device, the volume is no different. I'd like to have another M8 connect and compare to mine to determine the root cause.

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just tested my wife's M8 with my 2014 Mustang and it worked fine. The only difference is, it made me say Ok to accept raising the volume all the way up on the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

psycho_somatic

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've the exact same problem with my m8. I'm using a dension gateway pro in my car. The music is fine but making phone calls is very very low. would love a solution

bwigginit

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have my M8 connected to my 2012 Dodge Challenger bluetooth system. When streaming music, the max volume seems to be much lower than when I stream with my Nexus 5. The phone call audio seems to be about the same though.

LowDUB

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just tried streaming music and it's definitely lower volume than my iPhone was. Calls are still the same

Posted via Android Central App

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've actually noticed the opposite. I use a Jabra Freeway thing that clips to my sun visor in the car, with my previous phone - Razr MAXX, I was always struggling to hear bluetooth audio, with the M8, the first time I used the bluetooth with it I was expecting similar performance so I had everything turned up but it was so loud it was actually painful and vibrating my sun visor.

iamstillvince

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
i use audio in car every day (3hrs commute) and it works great, i rarely make phone calls anymore but have received a few and don't think i remember a difference. Make sure you adjust volume on phone while on a call, Bluetooth volume can be adjusted seperate from regular.

tomstinson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've the exact same problem with my m8. I'm using a dension gateway pro in my car. The music is fine but making phone calls is very very low. would love a solution
What make of car is your Dension installed in? I just got the M8 and have a Dension 500 with the BTA 1500 that has been happily working with my iphone 4 but the M8 doesn't even see the Dension. I have a note into Dension but my fear is they do not support bluetooth V4. If your Dension Pro works, I may need to upgrade my Dension. Not fond of going thru the installation again and hope I don't have to re-code the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12