Group Text Message Not Working - Switch to HTC from iphone

withavision

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I just recently switched from the iphone 5 to HTC One M8 ....

I have a group text going, and the other 3 people in it all have iphones .... I am the only one that does not.

I am only receiving replies from 1 of the other people ... at one point I was receiving replies from 2 of them ... but now just the 1. (there is 1 person I have never received a reply from ....)

However when I text any of them one on one I get replies from them ....

So far here is what I have done ...

Disabled imessage on old iphone
Changed itunes password
I have group text enabled ...

anyone else having issues? is there a solution to this problem??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If they iMessage you, you won't get anything, because Android phones can't receive iMessages- Apple owns the protocol and they won't allow anyone else to use it.

They have to send you at least 1 SMS to set their iMessage app to handle texts to and from you properly.

withavision

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
and to do so, I can have them delete their current conversation with me in the one on one text ... then I will send them a text and they reply and it will be SMS?

once all 3 do that, I will be able to have a group text with all 3 and will receive everything as normal?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Should work after that. The key thing that resolved my issue once I moved over was to have each person delete out their current message conversation with me, then reboot their iphones. That wiped the imessage association out from their phone. A pain, to say the least (Apple doesn't make it easy to leave their walled garden).
Once you have done that, make sure under Settings/MMS that you have Group Messaging enabled. That keeps the group messages together rather than all the replies coming back as individual texts.
Also, check out other sms apps such as Textra, which handles the group messaging even better.