App Manager

jvmirante

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have had some Battery Useage Issues and am trying to get a handel on things. I am also new to Droid so my question may seem obvious.

I appear to have many Apps running when I view the "Running" portion of the App Manager, but under the "Recent Apps" tab I have nothing. Can someone explain the difference for me? If the "Running" portion of the App Manager is correct, how do I close all of the Apps that I have running?

Thanks

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The operating system is called Android, not Droid. Droid's are a Motorola phone exclusive to Verizon.

You don't need to close the running apps, android handles that. These phones nowadays are very optimized and even though those apps are running, they are running in the background. In fact, if you close some of those, the phone might not operate properly. Just leave them alone

Posted via Android Central App

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had some Battery Useage Issues and am trying to get a handel on things. I am also new to Droid so my question may seem obvious.

I appear to have many Apps running when I view the "Running" portion of the App Manager, but under the "Recent Apps" tab I have nothing. Can someone explain the difference for me? If the "Running" portion of the App Manager is correct, how do I close all of the Apps that I have running?

Thanks

Here's what you do, download an app called GSM battery. It will show you the apps that are running the most. The above user is correct for the most part but some apps have auto sync enabled when they are downloaded. And therefore run processes when you don't want them too. Facebook comes to mind. So there are some apps and processes that you have to disable yourself because the system doesn't do it for you. Between syncing and location reporting, they are the 2 big ones when it comes to apps running.

I use greenify to hibernate all seldomly use apps when I close them. This prevents them from doing anything regardless of default settings.

Posted via Android Central App