Notification Light Oddity???

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice the notification light doesn't actually "notify" until you check it? Mine will stop blinking if I go a period of time without checking or waking my phone up. I doubt it's a defect but is it maybe some battery save feature I can't turn off? I don't like it.

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, unfortunately it only lasts 5 minutes and third party apps like Lightflow do not work. Also you can't change the color (there is only green and orange). This has been an HTC thing for awhile now, they just do things differently.

Honestly though I personally check my phone often enough to have absolutely no need for a notification light, never have.

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I see. This is my first HTC device and I wasn't aware of it. I can live with it being it's a small annoyance compared to how great the M8 is. Thanks for clarifying it for me!

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I see. This is my first HTC device and I wasn't aware of it. I can live with it being it's a small annoyance compared to how great the M8 is. Thanks for clarifying it for me!

You are very welcome, glad I could help!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one without this problem?? My light will go for more than a day if I don't clear it. It's almost annoying because I want it to stop after I check it, but I sometimes want to leave things in the bar so I don't want to clear it. My phone is ATT, btw.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante