HTC One (M8): Wireless Charging?

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wireless Charging?

case wont work either unless you want to walk around with a small cable plugged into the charging slot on the phone...

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Seriously? Wireless charging is a gimmick. Instead of being able to use your phone while it is charging, you have to keep it set down and you cannot take it off or it will stop charging.

It's a pretty pointless feature.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Seriously? Wireless charging is a gimmick. Instead of being able to use your phone while it is charging, you have to keep it set down and you cannot take it off or it will stop charging.

To you maybe. I don't use wireless charging either, but we live in a vast world with many differing opinions. Wireless charging is important to some people.

Posted via Android Central App

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

To you maybe. I don't use wireless charging either, but we live in a vast world with many differing opinions. Wireless charging is important to some people.

Posted via Android Central App

But it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You use your phone in your sleep? I used it on my Nexus 5 and now on my note 3 and love it. Put on the charger when I go to bed no matter how tired I am and don't have to deal with wires. I also have the tylt wireless charger so it stands up a bit so if I need to check something I can.

Maybe you should get a phone that lasts all day so you don't need to use it and charge it at the same time ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

You use your phone in your sleep? I used it on my Nexus 5 and now on my note 3 and love it. Put on the charger when I go to bed no matter how tired I am and don't have to deal with wires. I also have the tylt wireless charger so it stands up a bit so if I need to check something I can

Sent from my SM-N900T

If you're sleeping, why does it matter if your phone is on a wire or not? I just find wireless charger kind of pointless. It's a cool idea, but not really practical.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If you're sleeping, why does it matter if your phone is on a wire or not? I just find wireless charger kind of pointless. It's a cool idea, but not really practical.

I don't have to fuss with wires which I basically implied. You also don't have to keep and plugging in and out the cable. I actually had to do an warranty exchange on my Galaxy s2 skyrocket because the micro USB port got destroyed and had to get a new phone

Sent from my SM-N900T

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't have to fuss with wires which I basically implied. You also don't have to keep and plugging in and out the cable. I actually had to do an warranty exchange on my Galaxy s2 skyrocket because the micro USB port got destroyed and had to get a new phone

Sent from my SM-N900T

That is true. USB ports are pretty fragile.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Fair. Right now my nexus 5 is plugged because like you said I need to use it.

There are late nights or in my case after night shift where I just want to set it down.

I guess what I'm saying why not have both.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Sure it might be a gimmick...when I had my s4 I bought the inductive battery cover and Qi charger...it was sort of neat. The one thing I didnt like though was when I put the phone on the stand (which was RIGHT near my head when I went to bed), I could hear the faint crackling of the electricity!!!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I'd rather have a metal body than the wireless charging, any day.

Meh metal bodies... Scratched up easily and can't replace, isn't light weight and NO wireless charging which is now a must.... Hopefully Samsung and everybody else includes it on the phone or include the back cover :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Would I like wireless charging?
Sure why not.
Would I base my phone buying decision on it?
Nope.

I can see how it's handy to protect the USB connection and so you aren't faffing about with wires in the middle of the night when you just want to go to bed.
I guess it's easier generally during the day to just plonk it down in a charging dock/pad and let it do it's thing then grab it when you need it without the wire.

But I still think the metal body on the M8 is one of it's unique selling points and all the better for it too!
If it was certified waterproof then it would have been lovely... again I didn't base my phone choice on it... obviously.