What Just Happened with my HTC One?

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The weirdest thing just happened on my way to work. I was listening to a podcast on my HTC One M8 and when I got in my car, per usual, my phone connected to my car stereo via bluetooth. Right after the sound output switched from my headphones to my car speakers, my phone flashed to the HTC splash screen. When it booted back up, it had been wiped clean to factory settings. Lost everything. Photos and videos from my daughters first walk last night. Home screen layouts. Custom settings. Weirdest damn thing I've ever seen in my life. Any clue as to what could cause such a thing?

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Not good and sorry not got a clue why it would happen :(

But get yourself a dropbox account and then use the cloud backup.
All our photos and videos get backed up via wifi from our cameras at home as soon as we take them to the same dropbox account.
That way I don't really care what happens to the device once it's backup to to the cloud.
It also means I can access the pictures and videos from anywhere in the world on any internet device.

As well as backing up to my PC harddrive and then and external USB drive, I also back up to One drive and Google drive/G+ to make sure if dropbox ever goes away I've got multiple cloud backups of the media.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is a terrible loss of an important photo.. I would get a replacement ASAP.

I have done countless factory resets and ROM flashing and have never lost my pictures. That is really odd. Try connecting to your PC as Disk Drive and look in the DCIM folder

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
One time I had my prior phone, a Z1s, reboot upon bluetooth connection too. (And I had my *car* get really confused once after a failed bluetooth connection and only shut off / turn on cleared it.)

Not as catastrophic as this, but similar enough to keep in mind.

So sorry to hear that. I'd echo the idea to have auto-backup for your photos using G+, Dropbox, or whatever. In the past I've absentmindedly sold phones and only after the fact realized I'd forgotten to get my most important photos off of them. Now that I have them back up automatically to G+ I don't care.

Plus, you never know when your phone could suffer a bad fall, etc. and result in the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol