Camera opens at lock screen

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but I have pattern lock enabled on my phone. Periodically I'll take the phone out of my pocket and the camera will be on. It only happens by accident, I can't get the camera to open at the lock screen if I try combinations of swipes, holding down buttons, etc.

Any ideas how this happens?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You could possibly be pressing the volume button by accident and holding it horizontally when taking it out. That is a part of the gesture controls to open the camera from lock screen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
You could possibly be pressing the volume button by accident and holding it horizontally when taking it out. That is a part of the gesture controls to open the camera from lock screen.

No kidding. Can that be turned off without disabling double tap to wake?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No kidding. Can that be turned off without disabling double tap to wake?

Unfortunately no it cannot be. All the gesture controls are either all on or all off except the swipe down to voice dial. Personally I don't like that but that is what it is for now.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no it cannot be. All the gesture controls are either all on or all off except the swipe down to voice dial. Personally I don't like that but that is what it is for now.

Thanks. This was driving me nuts.

It has only happened once since putting the case on since the volume buttons are harder to press now, so it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully they can update the gestures to allow us to pick and choose which ones we want enabled in a future update.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. This was driving me nuts.

It has only happened once since putting the case on since the volume buttons are harder to press now, so it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully they can update the gestures to allow us to pick and choose which ones we want enabled in a future update.

Yeah just be careful of it for now. That's what I've been doing. I really hope they do change it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman