Second HTC One (M8) - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

bxdw01

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Got a replacement after finding a dent on my first M8. So I noticed that on my second M8, the power button is almost flush. Didn't really take notice with the first model but does anyone else have a M8 with a power button that is only about the thickness of a sheet of paper out? I'll try to post pics later tonight.Photo Apr 30, 3 50 21 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Justintoxicated

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My complaints on mine are that the lower right corner is slightly not flush with the screen, and the holes are not punched all the way through on the right side of the speaker grills. I went to a verizon store and the phone the guy working their showed me had the same issue in the lower right corner, but the holes looked consistent on both lower and upper grills. I guess it just cosmetic though since the speakers are only on the left side of the grills.

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had no problems with build quality. Maybe the quality of the camera inside isn't that great.. does that count? But as far as the build of the device I've not noticed anything bad.

Robby Robb

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
The C in the HTC logo on my phone fail off but of course this happens after my 14 days but other then that mine is all good

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The C in the HTC logo on my phone fail off but of course this happens after my 14 days but other then that mine is all good

HTC has a 1 year limited warranty against manufacture defects. If you didn't do anything (drop it or damage it) then it sounds like it would be covered. I've read through the fine print and details on their warranty just so I know what would and would not be covered

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My dads has a volume botton thats folded so the up and down protrude and the middle is pushed in but it works fine so he doesnt know its wrong, but still kinda disappointing

Kestasme

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to post in an old thread but are the speakers on the M8 REALLY perfectly distortion free? Because when i play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtzO2DC1WVU this song particularly the speakers start to distort like hell from the 100-200Hz sine waves at the start of the song? Therefore i ask all of you are my phone's speakers defective or are they just being overloaded at max volume with songs like this?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My build is perfect. There's a very small amount of light bleed in the bottom left and top left side/corners. It's barely noticeable, so I'm not sure I want to even mess with a replacement. I have the GPE M8 from the Play Store.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the M8 (yet? I'm still researching :p), but I wouldn't be surprised if you're just over driving the speakers. If I remember right, a sine wave is the hardest for a speaker to reproduce. Plus bass notes are also the hardest of the octaves to play, which is why good stereos have big, dedicated woofers and subs. When you try to play a big bass note on the same small speaker as everything else, it doesn't take much to cause a lot of distortion.

I took a listen to the start of the song on my current phone, and it distorted pretty easily too.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to post in an old thread but are the speakers on the M8 REALLY perfectly distortion free? Because when i play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtzO2DC1WVU this song particularly the speakers start to distort like hell from the 100-200Hz sine waves at the start of the song? Therefore i ask all of you are my phone's speakers defective or are they just being overloaded at max volume with songs like this?

I just tested mine on full volume and didn't have any distortion. It played crystal clear and very loud, for a phone at least.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Played mine at max volume for 6 hours while painting the inside of my house. No problems with distortion.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found any problems with mine thus far (in about 10 hours of owning it). Very impressed with the build quality. Everything seems 100% up to expectations.

SS2006

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Gunmetal Grey here with Rogers Canada. After one month I have visible (and I can feel it) screen lift on both sides . Not flush On the left side, I can actually repeatedly depress the top left corner and here a tap noise.
Not cool

mcox1124

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Some of my gunmetal gray finish is wearing off. Right above the SD card slot. Phone is two months old... I question the quality of the finish off this is already happening. Sure I was running the phone naked for about half this time, but other than the black iPhone5, I've never seen a device's finish deteriorate that fast.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
my M8 is easily the best built device I've EVER had in my hand.......iphones included, so no build quality issues here

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

SS2006

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
maybe i'm being paranoid, so can someone check for me, I don't have another M8 to compare to

Is the screen supposed to be slightly raised over the body of the phone, as in you can put a finger nail between them. Or is it supposed to be 100% flush. I can def see a black border above the grey body when i look from the side, and I can slighlty depress the screen down if I push (that may be normal flex). Only reason I'm paranoid about screen lift is because I press the top left (where sim card slot is) I can hear a tapping sound as I press it in.

SS2006

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
for example if you run your finger from the ear piece grille to the screen, is it normal to feel a little bump/ridge, or should it be 100% flush