HTC One (M8): Heads Up on the HTC Advantage Program

jeffdanger

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
WHen I picked up my M8 yesterday, I opened the box and the first thing you see, beside the phone of course, is the big green HTC Advantage logo. Free one time cracked screen replacement within the first 6 months, 50 gb. free online storage, etc. That really sounds great on the screen guarantee so I decided to check it out.

On the HTC site, under terms and conditions of the guarantee, it lists the SKU's that are covered. And guess what, it doesn't list my SKU for the Verizon M8.

What gives here? How can they advertise this and not cover it? I'm going to write HTC then whoever else I have to to bring this to light.

Last edited by a moderator:

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Heads Up on the HTC Advantage Program

WHen I picked up my M8 yesterday, I opened the box and the first thing you see, beside the phone of course, is the big green HTC Advantage logo. Free one time cracked screen replacement within the first 6 months, 50 gb. free online storage, etc. That really sounds great on the screen guarantee so I decided to check it out.

On the HTC site, under terms and conditions of the guarantee, it lists the SKU's that are covered. And guess what, it doesn't list my SKU for the Verizon M8.

What gives here? How can they advertise this and not cover it? I'm going to write HTC then whoever else I have to to bring this to light.

You are covered but if you want to contact them to ease your mind go ahead.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Pretty certain you're covered. HTC just needs to update the web page with their latest phone.

Posted via Android Central App

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

How does it not cover Verizon M8 (I'm with Verizon) if the big green HTC Advantage logo is in the box that you received?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

How does it not cover Verizon M8 (I'm with Verizon) if the big green HTC Advantage logo is in the box that you received?

That's what I'm wondering too?

Op, if you need to replace your screen with the advantage program, just call them and they will help you out. You are indeed covered though

Posted via Android Central App

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

During their big announcement of this phone Jason MacKenzie said that it does extend to the M8. So I would get a clip of that video and hold onto it. :)

jeffdanger

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

I did chat with them and they said it was covered. You would think they would update their terms and conditions though. Not like they have to reprint anything, just update the webpage.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Not to sound sarcastic, but the first indication of your phone being covered was the HTC Advantage sticker in the box of your phone lol.

I did chat with them and they said it was covered. You would think they would update their terms and conditions though. Not like they have to reprint anything, just update the webpage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18