HTC One (M8): Premium is an understatement

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
We are all here because we all love tech, especially our phones!

I have owned almost every flagship device released, some longer than others and I have to say never ever ever I have held and owned a device that felt as premium at the HTC One M8. Wow!

I purchased the Gunmetal and it is not only a spec powerhouse and runs so fluently but it is truly one beautiful phone from a physical appearance perspective too.

Many harp about the camera, in fact I was one who had concerns with it too however after using it I can confidently say this:

No, it won't win best camera smartphone of 2014 BUT it still does take fantastic photos.

Are you enjoying your new M8? Have you ever owned a phone that felt so premium?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Premium is an understatement

I love mine, and if HTC would hire me I'd advertise the heck out of this thing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Same here! Loving this phone and have not experienced one single issue.

This should be the Android phone of 2014.

I love mine, and if HTC would hire me I'd advertise the heck out of this thing.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm loving it as well. Looks great, feels great, runs great. Had it for a week now and still can't keep my hands off it.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I love this phone too. I upgraded from the m7 and I could not be happier. The camera is actually quite fun. My wife has an iPhone 5s and she is jealous of my phone specifically for the camera's depth sensor allowing such awesome bokeh.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

One thing about the camera I love is it's quick focus

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

God damn I hate you guys gonna make me shell out money to go buy this device. I am holding myself back so much lol

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

My experience:
I like this phone just fine. But premium feel is not among the major reasons I bought it. Having said that though, I first got the premium feel impression is when earlier this week I went in to our IT to have wifi connection set up for the phone at work, the moment the IT guy took it over and holding it in his hand (from his feel) and also when he put it down at the desktop right next to his Note 2 (or 3?). He seemed unwilling to put them side by side because his phone totally looked like an old outdated tech piece. And I know he just got his phone last year. Plastic does show age after some uses unless you get a case to cover it (up), though nowadays a lot of people don't keep their phone for more than 6 months.

I too had concerns about the camera. But after trying it out I was confident it actually can be a very capable camera, apart from (and regardless of) its weakness in complex lighting conditions. The quick focus did surprise me. The first few shots I snapped, I wasn't even sure if those shots were taken. The shutter was very quiet and very quick and it's ready right away for the next shot after one was snapped. And if you follow the few basic principles for photo taking (for any cam), most of the photos should come out at least pretty good.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

God damn I hate you guys gonna make me shell out money to go buy this device. I am holding myself back so much lol

Trekk, it is so worth it! You won't be disappointed.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Trekk, it is so worth it! You won't be disappointed.

Yeah I think I will end up getting it looks just way to good to pass up. I could care less if camera is less good then competition, the feel of a device is more important to me.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

One thing that turns me off about the M8 is the fact that they added software buttons while keeping a dedicated bar for HTC branding. At least with the M7 the buttons were built into the HTC branding bar not taking up screen restate. Aside from that I really love the design of the M8 and may pick one up some day. That being said however, how slippery is this phone? A phone this good looking would be a crime to cover up with a case!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I didn't buy it for the look, I bought it because I wanted the dual cam, the speakers, and because I like sense. But, after playing with it for a few days, every time I go to pick up my old One X I'm stunned that people are still making making phones with plastics like that. The fit and feel of the M8 is just so much classier and "grown up". I use mine primarily for business and it feels like a professional piece of equipment.
That being said however, how slippery is this phone? A phone this good looking would be a crime to cover up with a case!
It's slippery at first but after a couple days of handling it's pretty grippy. Just needs a little bit of finger grease to give the surface some texture (I'm not talking about being dirty, just handled).

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for a week and I'm completely happy with it. Without a doubt it's the best phone I have had up to date hands down. The smoothness of the OS and quality of the hardware make this device an absolute pleasure to use. Anyone on the fence about getting one I say just do it, you won't regret it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
One thing that turns me off about the M8 is the fact that they added software buttons while keeping a dedicated bar for HTC branding. At least with the M7 the buttons were built into the HTC branding bar not taking up screen restate. Aside from that I really love the design of the M8 and may pick one up some day. That being said however, how slippery is this phone? A phone this good looking would be a crime to cover up with a case!

The on screen buttons are more in line for what Google wants for android. I wouldn't be surprised if android requires all phones to have them in the near future

Also the black bar is not dedicated for branding, it's dedicated to covering antennas, circuitry, and other electronics (for the speaker). They just decided to put their logo on there, probably to keep the same theme like on the m7

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

It is a little slippery, I have mine in a thin sleek clear back case so the gunmetal is visible.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

It is a little slippery, I have mine in a thin sleek clear back case so the gunmetal is visible.

Like this one? :p
e6u5e6yq.jpg

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Does it feel premium? Well, I think that it does because it's metal and not plastic. Do I feel like its a premium device? No. Not in my opinion. A premium phone has a premium screen and a premium camera to go with the premium feel. This phone doesn't for me. While I love metal phones and love the feel of them, this one isn't doing it for me. It'll be my short term phone until something better comes along. However, I rarely keep a phone longer than 9 months, it'll just be 2 or 3 for this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800