HTC One (M8): HELP! the sticker, how do you get rid of it?

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
So I've had the M8 for a while. Everything on the phone seems going pretty well and I'm a satisfied owner. But I can't think of a way to remove the sticker on the back that shows the IMEI and other #'s without possibly scratching or damaging the phone. Does anybody now how to remove it safely (safe to the phone)?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: HELP! the sticker, how do you get rid of it?

Just peel it away, and enjoy your phone.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: HELP! the sticker, how do you get rid of it?

Lol just carefully remove it. I have no nails, I just carefully used the edge of the M8 setup guide paper to lift the edge. And it peeled right off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

stlcards504

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I just worked a corner a bit to get it started and then it peeled right off. It's not one of those sticky stickers, it should just come right off and leave no trace.

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I had absolutely no problems removing it. Not sure how anyone would? It lifts up and peels right off....

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everybody. But you're no help.
Anybody else??

Mine doesn't just peel away. It's stuck there, tightly. I have some nails but that doesn't help. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to using a knife to remove the sticker.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't just peel away. It's stuck there, tightly. I have some nails but that doesn't help. I'm hoping I don't have to resort to using a knife to remove the sticker.

Noooo don't do that... Try warming it gently with a hair dryer, not too hot as it may cause damage to your phone's electronics. The heat should make it more pliable and loosen the glue a bit. I do this all the time to remove all those pesky stickers on motorcycles that are put there due to regulations so I don't do something crazy and hurt myself. :)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everybody. But you're no help.
Anybody else??

Peel what you can off, then try using an eraser to get the rest

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
It works fine just pealing it off. No need for hair dryers and such...

I've kept it on a paper that's in my box I case I need it...

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit embarrassing. But I may not be the only one needed help. If it helps anybody I'm sharing the experience...

When I first got the phone I thought it'd be very easy to peel off the sticker. I started from one corner of the sticker and was very careful to get the edge up a bit while not leaving scratching mark on the phone. But that edged up at the corner was only the top transparent layer (plastic like), the white bottom layer (paper like) was still tightly attached to the phone. I tried from the other corners, Same thing. I tried it several times, couldn't advance any further. I thought it was heavily glued to the phone (but why would they do that). I checked the forum. Oddly, nobody was asking the damn sticker question here.

Well, I got no other choices. So I followed the suggestion of using hair dryer (if there's glue, eraser might make it messy). Patiently waited it to get warm. I then pushed my nail on the sticker edge again. VIOLA, it came off! But there was not glue to the sticker:confused:.
Guess I was just being too careful.

Thanks, guys.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01