HTC One (M8) does not connect to HTC sync (Mac)

stoerdi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

As mentioned in the title, I can't get my new M8 (AT&T) not to connect to my macbook. HTC sync manager times out after some time and displays :Device unavailable.Please reconnect your phone.

I already tried a second macbook-the same. Also android file manager does not recognize the phone either. Really strange and any help from the community would be great!

Thanks,

stoerdi

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: M8 does not connect to HTC sync (Mac)

Do you have usb debugging off or on?

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I tried hard reset, it works while booting/loading and becomes unrecognized afterwards. Help.

I had this problem with the M7 but I can't remember what I did to get ANDROID FILE TRANSFER to work.

EDIT: I don't want to use hTc's Sync Manager. PITA.

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site

I had a similar issue. I had an old copy of HTC Sync Manager. It had a green icon. I went and installed the new one, blue icon, and it worked great.

stoerdi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Even though that HTC sync works for me now Android file transfer still does not recognize the phone.....

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The restart trick did work- it connected to file transfer!

That's great to know. I have used HTC Sync Manager successfully but much prefer Android File Transfer. The small inconvenience of a restart will be worth being able to use AFT now.

boostdmustang

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Reboot fixed my htc one m8 as well. Once the reboot is complete, start the android file transfer app again and wait a few. Same version that I have has installed for one year on the Mac (Mavericks OS) and did not require any updates. I was apprehensive with the HTC sync app, looks clunky.

GeorgieDodd

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I still cannot connect my htc one m8 device to my mac computer. I have tried everything. al though i do not have a setting on my phone to disable usb debugging.

can anybody help?

Thanks

Brent Miller1

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
a little late in the game, but a fix none the less, so i wanted to post it. and since this is still popping up on people's phone, i figured it was worth sharing.

after a ton of searching and trying all of the options available. i finally found some files on a windows computer that solved this for me. i couldn't find the same files on a mac, so i am unsure if they are available, but they can be copied from a windows install.

in the directory, c:\program files (x86)\htc\htc sync manager\ there are several apk files. AndroidHtcSync.apk and four more labeled with numbers after them. i copied all of those apk's to my phone, and tried to install them on my phone through a file explorer, one by one. one installed, the rest could not. but the fact that one installed, was promising. Well, after that install, htc sync manager on my mac, could once again connect to the m8. So it appears that the AndroidHtcSync2.apk that was on my phone, was corrupted, or otherwise not installed or running correctly. installing it again, fixed it.

what a hassle and what a sad state that HTC themselves could not figure this one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol