M8 Battery vs Droid Maxx Battery

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering the M8 because of the build quality and I like GUI that r close to stock android as possible. I currently have the droid Maxx but I travel a lot and run out of storage when I download movies and music files. I keep them on my phone so I can watch them in airplane mode. My concern with the M8 is the battery compared to the Maxx. The Maxx better would last me two days on a single charge with energy to spare.

To the people currently using the M8 ... How is the battery life?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
For adding memory to your Maxx, try a Meenova or similar device. It is a usb-otg that has a slot for a micro sd card and plugs into the phone. However, with kit Kat you will need some app downloads to make it work. Do a Google search for 4.4 breaks usb-otg.
The Meenova is only $12 and the size of a quarter will hold 64gb of media.

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html

Also a nice add for your Maxx is a Tylt Vu wireless charger. No noise, no heat, no positional worry... Just works great.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the older Maxx HD, if you were getting 2 days out of your Maxx, you're going to get just over a day with this phone. My suggestion is that you plug it in at night. That's all. Carry a charger with you when you travel and plug it in beside the hotel bed and you'll be fine.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You could always get an external battery to extend the life. I use a small 8000mah one when I go camping.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678