08-19-2016 05:38 AM
707 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Sending mine in today.

Wish me luck
    Good luck, and don't pay anything!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    05-22-2014 02:31 PM
    For those of you with the problem and sent your phone in. Was it rooted and did you revert back to stock or anything? Also for those with the lens scratch issue, does your lens flex?

05-22-2014 02:32 PM
    I purchased the htc one M8 in early April and as of the middle of May the quality of photos has degraded to a point that photos are bad. I compared it to a brand new one at the store and using the same settings, there is a big difference. The lens or lens cover has many pit marks or fine scratches that has interfered with the quality of photos. I am including a photo taken at a quality control lab for HTC One (M8): Camera Lens Issue-lens_001.jpga review.
    also did some chemical analysis in consultation with several material engineers that I work with and it does look like it is a coating that is the problem.

I have talked to Sprint and the insurance will not cover it but, I was advised to file a claim and pay an extra 100 dollars to get the phone replaced. I talked to HTC and was advised that I can send the phone in for repair and be without a phone for some time or I can pay 20 dollars and have a 600 hold charge on my credit card to have a phone sent to me and then send the damaged phone in. Neither proposal is acceptable. I am asking for a fair resolution to this issue.
    05-22-2014 03:24 PM
    For those of you with the problem and sent your phone in. Was it rooted and did you revert back to stock or anything? Also for those with the lens scratch issue, does your lens flex?

I sent mine in S-off and unlocked and it came back that way. Just make sure you have stock recovery and splash screens.

05-22-2014 04:01 PM
    To all the people who said we need to be more careful with our phones...poo on you. Lol

Bsheedy likes this.
    05-22-2014 04:03 PM
    Good luck, and don't pay anything!
    Only paid the $20 for shipping...had no choice on that unfortunately...

Also for those with the lens scratch issue, does your lens flex?
    Maybe a bit, but I didn't really pay to much attention to whether it did or not.

I talked to HTC and was advised that I can send the phone in for repair and be without a phone for some time or I can pay 20 dollars and have a 600 hold charge on my credit card to have a phone sent to me and then send the damaged phone in. Neither proposal is acceptable. I am asking for a fair resolution to this issue.
    -One was a $20 shipping charge and be without a phone.
    -Another option was a $30 shipping charge (not $20) with a $600 hold.

These are the most fair resolutions you are going to get. Either way, you're getting a new phone free of problems. If you go any other route besides those two, you're going to have to pay up, so I'm not really sure what your complaint is.
    05-22-2014 06:39 PM
    So I went to my local ATT store today and after the rep looked at the scratches she arranged for a warranty replacement which should arrive next week. In the meantime I continue to accrue scratches almost hourly for no apparent reason. I am starting to think that tiny hairline scratches are exposing this film to air causing oxidation which makes the scratches more noticeable and causes even more oxidation. That would explain why the scratches seem to come out of nowhere.

I also ordered some lens protector things from slickwraps.com which I will immediately install on the new phone. If I think about it I'll post back to this thread later with my impressions of the protectors.

Posted via Android Central App
    ugxvibe likes this.
    05-22-2014 07:08 PM
    Are you getting a new phone or a refurbished? I think if the choice was removing the film, or getting a refurbished phone I would choose the former.

So I went to my local ATT store today and after the rep looked at the scratches she arranged for a warranty replacement which should arrive next week. In the meantime I continue to accrue scratches almost hourly for no apparent reason. I am starting to think that tiny hairline scratches are exposing this film to air causing oxidation which makes the scratches more noticeable and causes even more oxidation. That would explain why the scratches seem to come out of nowhere.

I also ordered some lens protector things from slickwraps.com which I will immediately install on the new phone. If I think about it I'll post back to this thread later with my impressions of the protectors.

James E1 likes this.
    05-22-2014 07:13 PM
    Are you getting a new phone or a refurbished? I think if the choice was removing the film, or getting a refurbished phone I would choose the former.
    I disagree. My concern about trying to remove the film is voiding the warranty in the process. I'm not putting nail polish remover on my phone unless all other options are exhausted.

05-22-2014 08:38 PM
    In my case I had the almost perfect phone except for the lens. I went with the warranty cover replacement because I wanted to ensure I got my otherwise perfect phone back.. plus I didn't want to deal with unlocking again.

05-22-2014 08:41 PM
    I disagree. My concern about trying to remove the film is voiding the warranty in the process. I'm not putting nail polish remover on my phone unless all other options are exhausted.

I just checked and verified it is a new unit. And there's no shipping charges either way. Can't beat that

05-22-2014 09:45 PM
    I just checked and verified it is a new unit. And there's no shipping charges either way. Can't beat that
    I tried to get a replacement under warranty from my carrier (Verizon). I explained the issue, and they stated that it is not currently a known issue, nor is there anything specific about this issue under the warranty. The only way I could have received a replacement from the warranty was for HTC to come right out and say that this was a known issue, which they didn't. Thus, I had to go back to HTC in the end to get the device swapped under the Advantage plan.
    05-22-2014 09:55 PM

Yes I noticed some 'flex' on mine when pressing down on the edge. I think thats the film moving. And I hadn't gotten around to rooting yet.

05-22-2014 09:56 PM
    For all you guys that cleaned your lenses.. could you post pictures of your after cleaning lens results so we can get an idea of the best things to use that don't leave any residual marks?

There are already plenty of pics

-Sent from Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 03:38 AM
    There are already plenty of pics

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Is that so?

05-24-2014 07:21 AM
    Wow! I can't believe we let this thread get to page two guys!

Haha. I just got my camera lens protectors from Slick Wraps today! I ordered two and didn't know they came in sets of two, so now I have four protectors for both the main camera and duo camera...the more the better I guess!
    05-24-2014 12:26 PM
    I wouldn't want to put a plastic screen protector on my camera unless it was tempered glass. That in and of itself can Worsen camera pic quality

-Sent from Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 01:16 PM
    I wouldn't want to put a plastic screen protector on my camera unless it was tempered glass. That in and of itself can Worsen camera pic quality

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Once I get the phone back I'll try and take some example pictures.
    05-24-2014 02:04 PM
    So I was thinking of paying the $19 shipping fee and sending my phone in. My lense is all smeared now as if I'm taking pictures through a foggy window. Will it be a simple process if I go that route? Will HTC question anything and make me pay extra? Thanks

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 02:07 PM
    So I was thinking of paying the $19 shipping fee and sending my phone in. My lense is all smeared now as if I'm taking pictures through a foggy window. Will it be a simple process if I go that route? Will HTC question anything and make me pay extra? Thanks

You'll need to read through this thread.I think I answered all these questions somewhere

05-24-2014 02:30 PM
    1) Call HTC
    2) They email you a 'ticket'
    3) You enter credit card info through link they give you (to pay shipping)
    4) They email you pre-paid shipping label
    5) Send phone to them
    6) Wait
    7) Receive new phone

They only way you pay anything extra is if they find anything not covered under warranty once they diagnose the phone when they get it. If they find anything not covered under warranty, they will email you a quote. If you pay the quote, they send you a new device. If you refuse to pay the quote, they will send you the defective device back.
    05-24-2014 04:23 PM
    1) Call HTC
    2) They email you a 'ticket'
    3) You enter credit card info through link they give you (to pay shipping)
    4) They email you pre-paid shipping label
    5) Send phone to them
    6) Wait
    7) Receive new phone

They only way you pay anything extra is if they find anything not covered under warranty once they diagnose the phone when they get it. If they find anything not covered under warranty, they will email you a quote. If you pay the quote, they send you a new device. If you refuse to pay the quote, they will send you the defective device back.
    Thanks! Do you think the smeared lense would be covered by warranty and is there a way I can dispute the quote?

05-24-2014 04:39 PM
    They don't automatically send you a new phone. Mine was actually fixed and sent back from the HTC repair facility in Texas.

05-24-2014 05:35 PM
    Thanks! Do you think the smeared lense would be covered by warranty and is there a way I can dispute the quote?

It should be covered, mine was after disputing the quote they sent me. Just call the support number if/when they give you a quote and complain.

05-24-2014 05:36 PM
    Yeah, it should. If there is a quote, you can either pay it (and get a new phone), not pay it (and receive your phone back), or complain and receive a new phone.

They don't automatically send you a new phone. Mine was actually fixed and sent back from the HTC repair facility in Texas.
    Yes they do. It depends on what 'plan' you chose.

1) Send phone in for repair
    2) Exchange phone, $20 shipping
    3) Exchange phone, $30 chipping and $600 hold on your card
    05-24-2014 05:38 PM
707 ... 910111213 ...