HTC One (M8): Camera Lens Issue

dnewell

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
For those of you with the problem and sent your phone in. Was it rooted and did you revert back to stock or anything? Also for those with the lens scratch issue, does your lens flex?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Yes I noticed some 'flex' on mine when pressing down on the edge. I think thats the film moving. And I hadn't gotten around to rooting yet.

Posted via Android Central App

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8): Camera lens cover issue

For all you guys that cleaned your lenses.. could you post pictures of your after cleaning lens results so we can get an idea of the best things to use that don't leave any residual marks?

There are already plenty of pics

-Sent from Tapatalk

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Wow! I can't believe we let this thread get to page two guys!

Haha. I just got my camera lens protectors from Slick Wraps today! I ordered two and didn't know they came in sets of two, so now I have four protectors for both the main camera and duo camera...the more the better I guess!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't want to put a plastic screen protector on my camera unless it was tempered glass. That in and of itself can Worsen camera pic quality

-Sent from Tapatalk

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't want to put a plastic screen protector on my camera unless it was tempered glass. That in and of itself can Worsen camera pic quality

-Sent from Tapatalk

Once I get the phone back I'll try and take some example pictures.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

So I was thinking of paying the $19 shipping fee and sending my phone in. My lense is all smeared now as if I'm taking pictures through a foggy window. Will it be a simple process if I go that route? Will HTC question anything and make me pay extra? Thanks

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

So I was thinking of paying the $19 shipping fee and sending my phone in. My lense is all smeared now as if I'm taking pictures through a foggy window. Will it be a simple process if I go that route? Will HTC question anything and make me pay extra? Thanks

You'll need to read through this thread.I think I answered all these questions somewhere

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

1) Call HTC
2) They email you a 'ticket'
3) You enter credit card info through link they give you (to pay shipping)
4) They email you pre-paid shipping label
5) Send phone to them
6) Wait
7) Receive new phone

They only way you pay anything extra is if they find anything not covered under warranty once they diagnose the phone when they get it. If they find anything not covered under warranty, they will email you a quote. If you pay the quote, they send you a new device. If you refuse to pay the quote, they will send you the defective device back.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

1) Call HTC
2) They email you a 'ticket'
3) You enter credit card info through link they give you (to pay shipping)
4) They email you pre-paid shipping label
5) Send phone to them
6) Wait
7) Receive new phone

They only way you pay anything extra is if they find anything not covered under warranty once they diagnose the phone when they get it. If they find anything not covered under warranty, they will email you a quote. If you pay the quote, they send you a new device. If you refuse to pay the quote, they will send you the defective device back.

Thanks! Do you think the smeared lense would be covered by warranty and is there a way I can dispute the quote?

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

They don't automatically send you a new phone. Mine was actually fixed and sent back from the HTC repair facility in Texas.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! Do you think the smeared lense would be covered by warranty and is there a way I can dispute the quote?

It should be covered, mine was after disputing the quote they sent me. Just call the support number if/when they give you a quote and complain.

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, it should. If there is a quote, you can either pay it (and get a new phone), not pay it (and receive your phone back), or complain and receive a new phone.

They don't automatically send you a new phone. Mine was actually fixed and sent back from the HTC repair facility in Texas.

Yes they do. It depends on what 'plan' you chose.

1) Send phone in for repair
2) Exchange phone, $20 shipping
3) Exchange phone, $30 chipping and $600 hold on your card

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Don't you waste yourone time advantage warranty when you exchange it? Mine was fixed under the manufacture warranty, not advantage. So I still have my one free screen replacement available after they just fixed this one.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

It should be covered, mine was after disputing the quote they sent me. Just call the support number if/when they give you a quote and complain.

And how long would this process generally take if I did everything rift now?

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

And how long would this process generally take if I did everything rift now?

I sent mine in May 9th and got it back May 20th. So 11 days which includes the delay because of the quote they wanted be to pay that they ended up covering.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Right* Also, I plan on doing the $19 method

Not sure why, but I did not pay shipping at all, not a dime out of my pocket.When you talk to them tell them you don't think you should be paying for shipping on a defective device under its 1 year manufacture warranty.. Something along those lines might work.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Not sure why, but I did not pay shipping at all, not a dime out of my pocket.When you talk to them tell them you don't think you should be paying for shipping on a defective device. Something along those lines might work.

I sent mine in May 9th and got it back May 20th. So 11 days which includes the delay because of the quote they wanted be to pay that they ended up covering.

Okay, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'll tell them that too and see what they say, also I hope it doesn't take that long for me, I was hoping I could get the phone back by Friday. Also, what did you do about all your personal stuff? Music, pictures, apps, etc.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Okay, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'll tell them that too and see what they say, also I hope it doesn't take that long for me, I was hoping I could get the phone back by Friday. Also, what did you do about all your personal stuff? Music, pictures, apps, etc.

There arent many apps that I really need to backup, just a few games. I use Helium in the Play Store to back up my game progress..

If you have music/pictures on the SD Card you just take it out (you have to remove the SIM and SD trays before you send it in anyways). If you store it internally I just connect the phone to the PC and pull it all off like a flash drive. After that I do a factory reset. Oddly enough some of my info, like wifi passwords, were still in there. I got my phone back and it connected no problem back to my network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz