Should i stick with the stock launcher

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was the HTC Rezound. I had a good setup in terms of apps and widgets on all homepages. Now with a new phone means new stock widgets. While some are good some are not. Also due to the blink feed, which is great BTW, means one less homepage. For example the previous music widget was 4x2 or full page. Now this new widget is only 4x1 or full page(4x4). One other example the clock/weather which is same as before except clock and weather is crap on 4x1 compared to previous. Last example, weather only widget (current and 4 day) is only 2x1 & 4x1, neither is 4 day, only current. Now i know there are other launchers are out there and I want to know, are there good replacements for the widgets, or a good launcher replacement?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
For weather widgets, there's a ton in the play store. I've tried a bunch out before but for now I'm sticking with the HTC weather clock, so I don't really remember what there is. I'd say just search the play store and see what you like. I've long used beautiful widgets however for a weather clock similar to htcs when not using an HTC phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher is probably one of the most popular and user friendly 3rd party launchers. It's a lot like stock Android and very easy to customize.

After using Nova Launcher for years, I have switched to Action Launcher Pro and like it much better than the stock Blinkfeed Launcher. I only have one home screen, no dock, and only a few widgets. I keep everything organized in the Quickdrawer and Quickpage functions of the Launcher.

Be advised that if you change to a 3rd party Launcher you no longer have Blinkfeed. I have been a Flipboard user for quite a while and it's very similar to Blinkfeed and adds cloud sync for use across multiple devices.

As far as Weather Widgets are concerned, give HD Widgets a try.

Bits and Bytes from my HTC One M8

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I have always used other launchers in the past. This time I am giving Sense and BlinkFeed a chance and I like the HTC weather widget. I do wish sense would let us customize the grid layout though....so much wasted space.

from the AC App on my M8

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to use a combination of Nova Launcher Prime, Android Pro Widgets, and Beautiful Widgets. Power Amp also has a plethora of customizable music widgets, if the stock player doesn't cut it for you.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Sense 6 is actually pretty good.I'm sticking with it for a while. Nova launcher would be my second choice.

Posted via Android Central App

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I've always used Nova but I really like the app search function so I'm back on Blinkfeed for the moment.
Nova is slick and fast with loads of options including gestures and notifications on 3rd party icons (another Blinkfeed failing)
Notifier takes up the slack but doesn't match the stock notifications icons.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I used Sense for awhile, but went to Nova in the past week. I followed the tip posted either here or elsewhere to put a icon that link to blink feed so I can still access it while Nova Launcher. That lets me access BlinkFeed, which I like, while still using Nova to get the custom icons and such I enjoy.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I was a fan of Nova launcher until I got the M8. It took away from the elegance of sense 6 and just didn't look good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

quanitc

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think the HTC sense launcher was too bad but I prefer the "stock" Google Now Launcher so decided to sideload it, phone feels much snappier to me, not that it was even slow to begin with.

sulaco

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I've got Holo Launcher HD on my Nexus 7, Razr M and my M8 and I love it. It's fast, pretty much just like vanilla KitKat and with some tweaks, really makes great use of all the screen real estate and speed of these devices. I also like the swipe up menu. I customize it and just have manage apps, launcher settings and system settings on it.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm back on the Nova launcher and it is smoother and faster than stock.
I can also sleep the screen with a double tap which is dead handy.
Wish Nova had app search in the tray though.